1.3: LONG LIVE THE KING

this is a soulmate au and marking is also a thing 

SEPTEMBER 27 - 7:30 AM

Odette lays in bed, her head resting on Saul's chest, her neck throbbing ever so slightly.

Saul rubs his hand up and down her back. "Okay?"

"Neck is sore but I'm fine."

"Was I too-"

"Don't do that." She props herself up on her elbow to look him in the eyes. "You were wonderful, Saul. You just worry about how long we have until-"

Atticus walks right in and throws open the curtains.

"-that happens."

"Word has spread that your mate has arrived and the people wish to meet their king."

Odette sits up, holding the sheets to her chest. "I don't suppose you or Argyus had anything to do with that."

"I brought His Majesty to you, my Queen. Spreading that news was all my brother. I warned him. 30 minutes." The man returns to the door and shuts it behind him as he leaves.

"What was all that about?" Saul questions, sitting up as well.

"In Linphea, when two mates meet, and one of them has been coronated king or queen, the other mate automatically takes their corresponding role. I was Queen before we met, so you, now that we are mated and bonded, become King of Linphea. Also, by Linphean standards, we're married now. No ceremony necessary."

"Well that's- that-"

"It's a lot, I know. I barely had three weeks to prepare and you've been thrust into it overnight. But it's not as hard as they made it out to be. And besides, Linphea is a matriarchal monarchy, so you can still teach at Alfea and I'll handle most of it. All you've to do right now is get dressed and wave to your people." She kisses him before getting out of bed and going over to her large closet. "You'll be fitted for some suits eventually, but for now I'll work a little magic." She pulls out a dress.

Saul gets out of bed and pulls on his underwear (he's a boxer briefs man idc

Saul gets out of bed and pulls on his underwear (he's a boxer briefs man idc. this ⬇️ is why ) "Meaning what?" He steps up behind her and pulls up the zipper.

 this ⬇️ is why ) "Meaning what?" He steps up behind her and pulls up the zipper

"Thank you." She kisses him again. "I've been in the Otherworld for a long time now; I've been to every realm a person can and found things thought to be long lost. I found an artifact that, so long as your wearing it, puts you into suitable clothing for any occasion." Odette pulls it from a drawer and slips it over his head. "Royal event."

The gem glows and a suit forms around Saul's body.

"There. Perfect. Now, we go to the balcony, wave to our people in the courtyard, enjoy another day together, and then we nip away to Alfea to deal with Luna."

She takes his arm and walks him down the hall to the balcony that overlooks the courtyard.

"Now presenting, Queen Odette and King Saul!"

They step into the sunlight and Saul's ears begin to ring.

"Just smile and wave," Odette whispers, raising her hand. He follows her lead and timidly raises the hand that she isn't holding.

"Long live the King!"

"Long live the King! Long live the King! Long live the King!"

I've been a little preoccupied watching Downton Abbey, maladaptive daydreaming, and reading fics (Thomas, Tom, and Matthew). A post-sybil tom fic may be in the making soon