Chapter 2

Seven more years went by and Terria is now 10 years old, while Midnight is now 15. They are both growing remarkably fast and beautiful with each year, and with each year their powers also grow. Midnight can now control his fire ability; Terria is still in training to controlling her ice powers. It  was clear that her powers mainly come from her emotions, when angry or scared she could form icebergs and ice sickles yet when she’s excited, happy, and calm she can create a beautiful winter. During training at the Mutant School, Terria has accidentally ingured Midnight with her powers every once in a while, like last month for example. 

   The children were at Mutant School in the training room, Terria and Midnight were practicing their powers against each other. Midnight accidentally burnt Terria with his burning hand, he felt terrible he never attended to harm his friend. Midnight tried to apologize, but the teacher told him otherwise saying that there was no sense of apologies on the battlefield. With this reaction to a burning sensation of pain, Terria got out of control with her powers again, creating a huge ice barrier--that stood eight feet tall with spikes on the inside--around Midnight, freezing him. Another mutant with fire powers took his weapon of choice--a whip--and wrapped it around her to make her stop, but also making her scream in agonizing pain. Midnight saw this happen and tried to let out a yell saying “STOP IT!! YOU’RE HURTING HER!!” but they couldn’t hear him. Terria is only a child, she doesn’t deserve this type of punishment, Midnight raised the temperature of his power to melt the ice then stopped the boy that was hurting his friend with a hard push.

   After being released of the weapon, Terria saw the damage the ice caused on Midnight's chest, a deep cut that could leave a scar. She felt incredibly guilty, begged for forgiveness, which Midnight happily replied “Terria, it's not your fault. Stuff like this happens… it’s okay, I forgive you.” Terria kept crying in shame as her power left her body traveling to the ice she has created and having it turn to snow.

   Even today Terria still feels the guilt every time she sees the scar across Midnight’s chest and every time she brings it up, Midnight only says the opposite to her, trying to cheer his friend up. 

   At this moment the two friends are in the school, in the training room again, but Terria is afraid of doing any sort of combat with her power. Midnight noticed and walked over to her. Terria sees him coming to her and gets nervous, she's been having these weird feelings and she doesn’t know what they mean but only knows that it happens whenever Midnight is around. “I know you’re afraid to use your power, but I’m going to tell you something,” he says as he places his hands on Terria’s shoulders having her look at him, “Don’t be… even if ice can bring destruction, it’s a beautiful power. I mean yeah fire is dangerous and yet….” Midnight takes his hands and swirls them around making a phoenix and Terria was amazed, “Good and beautiful things can be made…. Now you try, try to make something that comes out of your head, just focus on what you want to do and feel the magic happen.”

   After that peptalk, Terria tried her best to make something as gorgeous as Midnight's phoenix, she looked all around the room visualizing what she wanted to do, and like what Midnight said, she let it come to her and felt it, controlling it. She had the trees become ice with a wave of her hands, stepped on the floor turning it to ice, and swirled her hands making a snowball. All the kids watched with amazement wanting Terria to continue. As she sees their looks she turns to Midnight as he nods telling her to do it. So she did, she let the snowball go above them and exploded having little snowflakes dance all around them and the kids loved it while they played in the snow. The teacher was satisfied, he told her that he was sorry for doubting her and told Midnight that he has taught her well. 

   Midnight gave Terria a hug telling her that he was proud of her, as they shared a hug Terria wanted more ‘practice’ with her powers. She stepped out of the hug and created a huge snowball above Midnight's head. Everyone stopped what they were doing as they and Terria started laughing “What? What’s so funny?” the snowball fell on him as he let out a shivery yelp. He looks at Terria who is on the snowy ground laughing and then smirks. He makes a snowball and throws it at her then everyone starts to have a snowball fight.