Nine

"No, Ma! Stop- ow fuck!" Kamaria crashed into someone, sending them both to the ground as they groaned. "I am....so sorry."

"It's fine." The blonde girl said, rubbing her forehead as Karmen picked up the things they had dropped. "I didn't see you there."

"You? No, I wasn't paying attention." Kamaria said as she helped her stand up, dusting her off. "I shouldn't have been running in the lobby."

"I'm Jo." The blonde said with a smile, Kamaria shaking her hand with a grin. "And I think you'll be my new best friend."

"Kamaria." Karmen handed Jo her things, the girl smiling in thanks as a man ran over to them. "Uh, do you need any help?"

"Jo! Are you alright?" Karmen's jaw dropped at the sight of the man, fluffing her hair a bit as Kamaria made a sound of disgust.

"I'm fine, Uncle. This is Kamaria. She's offering to show me around." Jo said with a smile, her uncle sighing in relief as he placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Well, you have fun. I'll go unpack."

"Let me help you with those." Karmen completely disregarded what she wanted to show her daughter, taking Jo's things and heading towards the lobby desk with her uncle.

"Ew, I've never seen my mom flirt before." Kamaria shuddered as she showed Jo around, the girl laughing. Her phone pinged, Gustavo telling her to come to the building. "Ugh, duty calls."

"Oh, we should exchange numbers." Jo said, turning a bit shy when Kamaria looked at her. Her face heated as she fumbled for her phone, handing it to the blonde as Jo handed her phone to her. "Okay...uh, see you later?"

"Yeah, definitely."

"Ooooh, I know that look." Carlos gasped dramatically when Kamaria walked into the room, bringing the attention to her. The boys narrowed their eyes at her red face, crossing their arms. "Who's the guy?"

"Guy? No, there's this new girl at Palm Woods. Her name's Jo and she's so pretty." Kamaria sighed as she practically skipped towards a chair, her friends jaws dropping.

"Oh cool! We met her!" Carlos said as he looked at the guys.

"Uh, happy pride?" James questioned, Logan smacking the back of his head as Kamaria looked at him in confusion. "Don't you like her?"

"What? No. I just think she's pretty. Ken, back me up here." Kendall was still trying to wrap his head around Kamaria blushing like a schoolgirl over a pretty girl. "Ken?"

"Wait wait wait wait, how pretty?" Kendall asked, his heart dropping at the realization that he might have competition. Kamaria hummed, spinning in the chair.

"Like....kinda like you but if you were a girl. But prettier." She tried to describe, shrugging her shoulders as her phone pinged. "Oh god, my mom has a crush on her uncle."

"What is going on?!" Logan asked as the boys looked at each other, their heads reeling. "I've never- it's been a long time si- no girl ha- she has a crush!"

"No way, they just met." Carlos waved them off. "You know how Mom is. She doesn't believe in the whole 'love at first sight' thing."

They glanced over at Kamaria, who was grinning and giggling as she spun around in the chair and typed away on her phone.

"Oh my god she has a girl crush." A throat cleared, the boys suddenly remembering the adults in the room.

"Look at Kamaria. Obviously she's found that special someone!" Kendall felt his heart get crushed at that, Gustavo motioning over at their giddy friend. "This song would resonate quite well with her!"

"What song?" Gustavo hadn't told them what they were supposed to be singing, wanting to wait until Kamaria had shown up.

"Now, this is a song about when you see a girl for the first time and you know she's the one. Do you guys know what I'm talking about?" Kendall's thoughts immediately went to Kamaria, the rest of the boys instantly thinking about Jo. Kendall's mood soured as Kamaria giggled at something on her phone, finally putting it away and turning to them in confusion.

"So like, that cringy love at first sight thing?" She questioned, Gustavo snapping his fingers and pointing at her. Logan, Carlos, and James started fighting, somehow dragging Kendall into it as Kamaria sighed.

"Freight Train!" Gustavo ordered, the big man that was looming in the corner walking over and picking up James and Carlos. He set them on their feet, Kendall and Logan separating quickly. A strong smell wafted through the room, Kamaria covering her nose with the sleeve of hoodie she may have stolen from Kendall. "What is that smell?"

"Barracuda Man Spray." James said, taking out the can. "We're in love with this girl at the Palm Woods and this is my edge."

He sprayed some into his closed eyes, turning and talking to the air. Kamaria looked at Kendall in confusion, the boy shrugging as he looked away from her.

"You need an edge?" Kendall scoffed as they turned on James.

"You always get the girl!" Carlos complained as he pointed at him.

"Yeah, give us a chance for once." Logan added.

"She will be mine!" James dramatically said as he pointed a finger up.

"No, she's not!" Logan yelled, the boys once again fighting and managing to pull Kendall into it again. Gustavo pointed at Freight Train, then at the boys.

"Dogs. Booth. Now!" Freight Train pushed them into the booth as they were fighting, Kendall trying to get them to stop as he blocked a few hits. "He is really good."

"We'll see." Kamaria said as she sat back in her chair, eyeing her phone. It buzzed and Kelly took it before she could, Kamaria looking at her in disbelief.

"No, some girl is not coming between you two. I won't allow it." She snapped, Kamaria throwing her hands up with a groan. The boys started singing the song, Kamaria cringing a bit.

"Okay okay, stop. Please." Kamaria came over the mic before Gustavo could, James sneezing again. "Song's horrible, James is sneezing, and Gustavo looks like he's gonna burst a blood vessel."

"Because the song is about love! Not SNEEZING!" He yelled into the mic, the boys jumping back from the feedback.

"But the pollen count is really high today." Kelly defended, Gustavo looking at her.

"Then get him to a doctor and fix him while I fix the song because it's horrible." Gustavo turned back to the mic, pressing the button again. "Freight Train, take them home."

Freight Train nodded and walked over to the boys, James shaking his head when Kelly came over to him.

"No, I don't want to go to the doctor! I'm in love!" He sneezed, Kelly grabbing his arm and pulling him out. Kamaria laughed as she walked in, jumping on Freight Train's back with a large grin.

"Oh, sorry James. But we have to go back to Palm Woods now." She laughed mockingly, James going over to the mic.

"You guys are not allowed to talk to her until I get back!" James yelled into the mic, Kelly grabbing his shoulder and pulling him away. "I mean it!"

"To Palm Woods, my good sir!" Kamaria said as she pointed forward, climbing onto Freight Train's shoulders as he walked off.

"How ya feelin, bud?" Logan asked as they trailed behind them, Kendall's jaw clenched.

"Oh, competition is going down. I'm not letting some random swoop in and take her."