Fourteen

"Cool, you got your picture in Pop Tiger Magazine." Camille said as she held up the magazine, Kamaria huffing a laugh as she tended to the groaing boys. "But you guys look terrible. What happened?"

"'What happened?!' That picture happened!" James exclaimed, angrily pointing at the magazine.

"Camille, get ready for a twisted tale of adventure, danger, and nail biting suspense." Kendall sighed, his face scrunching as he spit out a tooth. Kamaria covered her mouth in disgust, knowing that it wasn't his. "Hey, my tooth came out."

"No, wait. That's my tooth." Carlos said as he took it and popped it back in place, everyone groaning and looking away from him.

"So, we were enjoying a calm afternoon in the crib...."

Flashback

"Careful!" Kamaria called as she sat on the kitchen table, a hot cup of tea in her hands as she watched the guys play hockey. They flashed her brief smiles before going back into the game, the girl sighing when Carlos slammed Kendall into their foosball table. "And they never are."

She took a sip, her eyes falling on Kelly as she entered and stared at the scene in front of her. She raised an airhorn, blowing it and making the guys stop playing and cover their ears. Carlos pushed Logan down, the boy falling to the floor with a groan.

"Get your helmets off and your smiles on!" Kelly said with a grin, ignoring Logan getting up and hitting Carlos on the shoulder. "Gustavo pulled some strings, and if we hurry, you can make the next Pop Tiger hot-new-star pinup fold-out special Spring poster issue."

"Kelly, in English, please?" Kendall asked as they looked at her in confusion, Kamaria clearing her throat.

"Picture day, boys. Picture day."

"I can't believe we're gonna be in Pop Tiger!" James said as they all sat in the limo, a grin on the boys faces.

"I know, it's totally awesome! What's Pop Tiger?" Carlos asked.

"A popular magazine for teens and young adults." Kamaria briefly explained, going back to her conversation with Kelly. "The label doesn't even know I sing."

"Exactly why they wanna hear something. Gustavo's already told them that you helped write some of the songs, and Griffin told them you wrote the boys's first song for them." She sighed, mulling over the information in her head.

"I'll think about it."

"'What's one thing hottie Dak Zevon would bring to a desert island?' I gotta say, I'm curious." Kendall sarcastically said, Kamaria turning and snatching the magazine out of his hands.

"Awww, his dog Snowball!" She cooed as she read the article, Kendall mocking her under his breath.

"What?" Carlos asked as he took the magazine from Kamaria, reading the article himself. "What an idiot! Everyone knows you bring a rollercoaster!"

"You don't bring a rollercoaster." Logan scoffed, shaking his head at his friend. "You bring a flare gun to signal passing ships."

"Oh?" Carlos mocked his scoff, looking at him. "You don't think people are gonna see my extreme looping coconut coaster?"

"Your island is stupid."

"Your island is boring!"

"You're boring!" The boys started fighting, Kamaria placing a hand over Kelly's when she went to blow the horn.

"Stop."

"Yes ma'am." Kelly looked at the girl in shock as Logan and Carlos returned to sitting properly.