31 - Voice

Faye

Something that helps me enormously not to lose my sanity while working is proactively daydreaming about how I throw arrows at my boss' heart. Burning arrows soaked in poison.

He's too busy bitching around to notice me, so I take advantage of becoming a bit more explicit.

"Faye, stop it. He will see you." Himchan whispers to me in a low voice, but I ignore him.

Imagining myself holding a bow, I position my hands in such a manner that even Kat Everdeen herself would be jealous. I close one eye to have a better target and forget to dip the arrow in the poison.

Damn.

I drag the imaginary bowl next to me and drench the tip for good seconds because we want to make sure we're not going to waste any drop. Retaking my position, I arch my back, fire the arrow and give it one second to burn.

I aim at the devil, and he turns around and sees me when I'm ready to release the string.

Fuck.

"Ebner, in my office," he commands in a cold tone, "You can leave the bow there."

Cool. Not embarrassing at all. I cover my face in shame and get up to get fired.

"What flowers do you prefer?" Himchan whispers again before I leave.

"What for?"

"Your funeral." he winks, and I show him the middle finger.

Why do I have such bad luck in these moments? I was so close to killing him, but now he will be the one killing me.

I enter his office with small steps and close the door behind me. He's already sitting at the desk, ushering me to sit across from him. I have no choice but to listen to him, especially since he caught me red-handed.

"Are you having fun, Ebner?" he asks me, with a devilish smirk on his face.

"Is this a trick question? Because I can answer honestly depending on your mood."

He studies me intensely, making me realize I should keep these comments to myself since he's not the best person to joke with.

"You have a big mouth. Did anyone tell you this before?"

"I think my friends mentioned it once or twice."

"Apparently not enough." he starts typing something on his computer.

Apparently not enough. Fuck off.

"Your last project," oh, here we go again, "The one with the filthy warehouse."