Chapter 7

Here is the next chapter.

I know it's a surprise that I post two chapters this close together.

But I'll be taking a few days off of writing due to personal reasons, so the next story update won't be for a while xD maybe next week, maybe by the end of the week, I don't know yet. Hell, it could be a month from now. I don't know xD.

Oh, and yes, this chapter is one of the shortest chapters in this story.

As I have said before, finding a good stopping point is key, and in this one, this was the best place to stop.

But without further ado, on with the show!

The next day came quicker than any one of them thought. Day Two of the Grand Magic Games was underway—all six teams gathered in the arena, waiting for the next game to start.

The Fairy Tail team was in their square formation with Lucy in the middle. They all wore their usual outfits. Minus Lucy. She wore a yellow and black plaid, pleated skirt with her belt that held her keys and whip. Her shirt was a yellow tank top with a black hooded, short-sleeved, cropped vest. Her boots were brown and went to her mid-calf with thigh-high white socks. Her hair was in low pigtails with a black choker with a star in the middle.

The rest of the Fairy Tail team faced Lucy with their backs to the other teams. The other teams watched how the other four team members surrounded and guarded the smaller blonde. They thought it was odd. They would see one of the members now and then look around them like checking for a threat.

"Welcome to day two of the Grand Magic Games! Today's guest, we have Sorcerer Weekly's reporter Jason!" Chapati said.

"Have you figured out who goes out today?" Laxus whispered.

Sting and Rogue's ears twitched as they looked over, listening to the supposed private conversation. They wondered why they were all following the girl's orders in the middle. She didn't look like she was all that strong, though they thought that looks could be deceiving from what happened the day prior.

"Come on, why not send me in?" Gajeel asked, his tone annoyed.

Lucy shook her head. "No. You're a dragon slayer. You won't benefit at all from this one. You'll just end up sick and coming in last. Or, well, second to last anyway." Lucy said, waving a hand dismissively.

Sting raised an eyebrow. He didn't know what she meant by that. It wouldn't benefit being a dragon slayer. What did she mean by that? He shrugged it off, not thinking of it.

"I'll do it." Sting said to his team before walking off to the other gathered contenders.

"He's going." Gajeel said, pointing over his shoulder with his thumb.

"And he's foolish." Lucy hissed. "He has no clue what the game is all about. I do." Lucy whispered.

Sting's ears twitched. Did she have inside knowledge of the games? Did Fairy Tail have an advantage? From the first day, he remembered how the announcers said that the one announcer, Mr. Yajima, had a history with Fairy Tail. Could that be it?

The Fairy Tail group got closer, closing in on the blonde in the middle. It made the others curious. What could they be up to?

Lucy sighed. "You want to go in that bad?" Lucy asked. Gajeel nodded with a smirk. Lucy groaned. "Fine. Take this." Lucy said, handing over a tiny blue pill. Gajeel raised an eyebrow. "Trust me." Lucy said, looking away.

Gajeel sighed but nodded before putting it in his mouth. The pill felt like it was fizzing on his tongue. He tilted his head, and the pill was gone within a second.