Chapter 13

Hey everyone!

Here is Chapter 13!

I hope you enjoy it!

It's not as exciting or as long as other chapters, but not every chapter will be.

Now on with the show!

The battle in the arena finally came to an end. Team Fairy Tail stood bent over with their hands resting on their knees as they panted heavily with grins. While Team Sabertooth lay on the ground on their backs, panting heavily while chuckling.

"And the winner is FAIRY TAIL!" Chapati announced.

"That was definitely a good fight." Mr. Yajima said with a smile.

"What spectacular performance!" Mr. Rabian exclaimed.

"Well, that was intense. Glad you two gave it your all." Gajeel said with a chuckle.

Sting and Rogue both nodded, too out of breath to answer. It was true they gave it their all and still ended up losing. But they supposed it was better to be beaten fair and square but also had fun while they were at it. They looked up and saw both Fairy Tail dragon slayers above them holding their hands out to them. They nodded and took the helping hands that pulled them to their feet.

"It was a good match. Hope to do it again sometime." Sting said, shaking hands with Laxus.

Laxus nodded, but his eyes darted around, trying to find a certain blonde. He couldn't sense or smell her near, and it bothered him.

"Yeah. Look forward to it." Laxus said, looking back to the booth where the other members of Fairy Tail sat watching the game.

He couldn't spot her, so he hoped Jellal would take her somewhere to rest.

"Tell the blonde that we said thank you." Sting said before turning with a wave over his shoulder.

Laxus wanted to growl but cleared his throat and nodded before he and Gajeel walked off the arena toward the stands in search of Lucy. Something was eating at him. It didn't feel right to him.

Once they got there, Laxus looked around, not seeing Lucy anywhere. Makarov raised an eyebrow as he watched his grandson's eyes rake over the group.

"She's in the infirmary. The others took her there to rest." Makarov said, guessing why Laxus was looking around and getting anxious. Laxus' head snapped up and nodded before turning and heading toward the infirmary without a word. Makarov chuckled. "Well, that answers my question," Makarov said in amusement.

Gajeel sighed before following behind Laxus. "You know she's fine, right? Just tired." Gajeel grumbled at the speed he had to go to keep up with Laxus.

"I know. Still doesn't make me feel any less restless." Laxus said as they approached the infirmary door. Outside the door stood Jellal and Mira. "What are you guys doing out here?! Why aren't you in there? You guys were in charge of watching her." Laxus growled as he got closer.

Before they could answer, the door opened, and a cloaked figure stepped out. "Sorry, that was my fault." Cobra said as he looked up and down the hallway before removing his hood since it was just them.

"What do you mean?!" Laxus growled, stepping up to Cobra.

"Whoa there!" Gajeel said, getting in between the two dragon slayers. "Let's calm down and let him explain before you all dragon on him." Gajeel said, pushing the two away from each other.

"Laxus." A female voice said from the doorway. "I'm fine." Lucy said, smiling in amusement.

Laxus let out a relieved breath before going to her just to get a whiff of her scent to calm his nerves. He didn't realize exactly what he was doing, but by the time he came to his senses, he found his nose was buried in Lucy's hair as he had an arm wrapped around her, holding her to him.