Chapter 7

Hermione's pov:

I could feel a set of eyes, burning into my back. I didn't want to look back though. What if it was someone like Malfoy, even worse Crabbe. I didn't wanna deal with them right now. But what if it was her. What if it was Pansy? What if she felt the same. No way, I had to remind myself of our relationship so far. She hated me, or did she? We were enemies. Or were we? "Miss Granger am I boring you?" McGonagall's voice stopped my brain. "No miss, I'm sorry" I just replied. "Ok then let's continue" she returned to the blackboard. I decided that it was worth it and turned around. I felt a bubble in my stomach, it was growing. It was her. I felt the butterflies they were going crazy. I think I smiled for the rest of the day, everywhere I went, even in potions. I couldn't control my self back at the dormitory, I usually study but today I was pacing around. Lavender sat on her bed hugging a pillow. "Hermione i know that you usually talk to Harry and Ron, but i Think it would be Healthy to talk to a girl about you know some problems" she stuttered. "I don't talk to them. I don't talk to anybody. I study it's what I do" I firmly replied. "But how do you deal with problems"she questioned. "I dont"

•••

I couldn't sleep that night. It wondered me, did she like me too? If so how come she hasn't made a move yet? And why did she kiss Malfoy in the courtyard. Then the thought that she might have stared in despise hit me. Maybe she didn't like me. Maybe she couldn't stand the thought of me. Maybe, maybe she actually wanted me dead. My breath started shaking violently and tears were rolling down my face. Lavender looked at me. "You sure you don't need to talk?" She sounded tired. I shook my head, she crawled over into my bed and hugged me tight. I couldn't help crying, I really couldn't. "Ok look at me" she tilted my head up "Three deep breaths". One, my breath was shaking and my eyes filled up with tears. Two, the tears started to disappear. Three, my breath was shaking less. "Mione, tell me what happened. I'm here to listen" she reassured me. "Ok, so it all started about a week into the summer break, i, well please don't judge me. I started to have these fantasies. And they were annoying when they started, but either I got used to them or I started liking them, like really liking them" I was still sobbing. "These fantasies, what were they about?" She tilted her head slightly. I looked at her "Well they were about some, well rather, no, they were," I didn't know how to say it "I- they were about Pansy and I, doing stuff. Her jaw dropped. "You and Pansy?". I nodded slowly. "Ok first of all, I don't care that you like a girl. Second, I'm here for you and third, does she like you?".
I didn't reply because I didn't know.
Did she like me?