Chapter 12

Pansy's Pov:

Who should be my cover? Who could i trust with this? My mind wandered back and forth. I was lost. What do I do? Oh well, maybe my mind would clear up if I went out for a walk? And that I did. I quickly snapped my coat, scarf and hat on. I went down to the courtyard, I don't know why, but the courtyard feels peaceful. I saw the bench where Draco had tried kissing me a couple of months ago, and just as that thought entered my head, I get something cold and wet, landing softly and slowly on my nose. It was snow. I had forgotten how quick time goes by here. It already December. Stop Pansy! You need to focus. Okay, I decided to go with Millicent. She was my safest option. I just needed to be careful with the situation. Besides she doesn't really have friends. So who would she tell? Besides she'll do anything to be a part of stuff.

•••

It was bedtime, but only Millicent and I were in the dorm. Now was the perfect opportunity. "Millicent?"
She put down her book and looked at me like I had just killed her owl. "What Pansy? Can't you see I'm busy?" "Yes sorry, I just need to ask you a favour. A secret one though, can you do that?" I breathed in and out, what was I gonna do if she said no? "Sure, depends though, what is it?" She glared at me from her bed across the room. "Okay, Millicent. I-" I couldn't get it out, it was like the words were stuck to my tongue. What would she think of me? Would my reputation be ruined? Would people ever look at me the same? "What is it Pansy, I'm busy right now?" She rushed. "I'm- I have- I like-" what was the best way to say it? I could feel Millicent loosing interest as she picked up her book again.

"I'm into girls."

I spat it out of my mouth like poison. She dropped the book and sat up all within the blink of an eye.

"You what?!"

"I like girls, and I need you to help me." I was trying my hardest, holding back the tears.

"Okay? Thank you for trusting me with that. What should I do?"

"You can't tell ANYONE about this!" I opened my eyes so wide I think they could've popped out.

"Yes I got that part, what do you need help with?"

"Okay so there is this girl I like, and I don't know if she likes me back, can you help me? I have a plan"

"What is it? Who is it? Tell me everything!" She was in a good gossipy mood now

Okay so, you know how I hate Hermione, right?"

"Noooo" she gasped "you think you like her?"

"Not really, I know I do. Will you help me find out if she likes me too?" I was crossing all fingers and toes.

"UHM YEAH. YOU KNOW I LOVE MATCHMAKING"

"Will you ask lavender if she likes me? DONT make it obvious that I am asking through you."

"I will, tomorrow."

She laid down, I could tell she was happy. She got to be a part of it all. I mean, I didn't just do it for her, I did it for me mostly to be honest. Thank god she was supportive and wanted to help. I just can't get my hopes up.

•••

"PANSY PANSY I ASKED" She ran up to me whilst I was sitting on my bed.  I looked up. "Well what happened?"

"Okay so I went up to Lavender, right? And I asked her very casually if Hermione likes you.."

"Yes?" I was so horrified and excited, all at once"

Millicent was obviously out of breath: "And she said-"