Chapter 11

Hermione's pov:

"So?..." I could feel my heart beating, was this a mistake? Ron's jaw was basically hitting the floor and Harry was looking so pale that he might as well have seen a dementor. Harry managed to get himself together and sat up straight "well thank you for sharing Mione..." he looked like he wanted to say more. "But?" I asked, I could feel the but. Ron looked at Harry. "You know, girls should stick to boys, it's been like that for so long". Harry nodded along. My heart sank. My two best friends, didn't think me being who I was, was okay? I just grabbed my coat and stood up "well it's getting late anyways, I should get to bed" I turned on my heel and marched away, behind me I could hear them faintly speaking about me. I didn't have the energy for this. All of my trust, placed in them and they didn't understand. I felt alone. All alone. At least I had Lavender, maybe she could explain it to them? I felt tears pushing to be let out. WHY WAS I SO EMOTIONAL?! When I arrived at the dorms nobody was there, it wasn't even that late. So I screamed. I screamed my lungs out. Into my pillow of course. I wouldn't want any concerned girls to show up. I couldn't help throwing my book across the room along my lamp. I laid face down on my pillow. It felt like an eternity before Lavender arrived. She must have seen the scene cause she went straight to me and put a hand on my back. Even though it was nice to have someone care, she was annoying. I pushed her off. And pulled my blanket up. She got the message apparently cause she turned the lights off.

•••

I was avoiding everyone after that night. Until one day, at lunch. I was sitting alone at the gryffindor table when a searching pair of eyes met mine from across the room. It was Pansy's. I hadn't even given her much thought the last couple of days. Her eyes lit up in a way that made me smile. But she couldn't see, so I turned my head down. Focusing on my sandwich. It made my heart lift itself from the bottom of my stomach to sitting somewhere near where it's supposed to. I couldn't help it. I liked Pansy Parkinson. I was still sad though, I had no friends, well i suppose there was Ginny, but she had recently grown to be very close to the girls from her year, and the one willing to become my friend I had pushed off in anger and sadness.

•••

It was exhausting, having everyone me mad at you. I needed something to cheer me up again so I did something very unlike me. I skipped potions. I went up to my dorm and thought of her. I couldn't help the fantasies come back. I let them this time. I needed a break from reality. I needed a break from everyone, from everything. And Pansy could give me that. I was at peace when all of a sudden Lavender bashed her way through the door:

"you'll never guess what just happened"