Chapter 10

Pansy's Pov:

I stood there, in the kitchen, surrounded by elves. "Well, love advice about whom?" I could feel their fright as my eyes drilled into their heads. "Sorry" Randy replied, "I'm afraid that would be wrong, morally wrong". I didn't feel like dealing with these useless elves anymore so I rolled my eyes and muttered that they should stick to cooking next time.
I took the step out of the kitchen doors and started heading towards the great hall. I just felt like having lunch at this point. As I stepped into the great hall, a delicious smell hit my nose. Chicken sandwich, my favourite. I took a seat at the slytherin table, wishing for some time alone, with only me, a chicken sandwich and my thoughts, only to be joined my Malfoy and his minions minutes later. Why wasn't I allowed to have 5 minutes of me-time. "Pansy, don't you think that that Lavender-girl is way out of Ron's league?" Malfoy was stretching his neck, staring at the gryffindor table. She wasn't. They were actually both ugly. But you don't offend the great Draco Malfoy, so I nodded: "yeah he is way uglier than her, he looks like he dipped his head in a dead fox". "Haha, good one Pansy" Goyle chuckled under his breath. I stretched my neck with them. But not to look at Ron or Lavender, I was searching for someone way more attractive. Sh!t. Did i just call her attractive? I mean she was, but I never said it to myself before... actually it felt good admitting to it. Granger was kind of pretty when you though about it. I mean how did I perceive her as dull before? Her hair in the light, her eyes, searching for something. Or someone... Oh No, we now had direct eye contact. She let out a small, disguised smile as she looked away quickly. But wait, why wasn't she with Ron or Harry, she was all alone. I felt an urge to join her. I stopped it though, too obvious. It was way easier existing if I just admit to crushing on her.

•••

That night, I crawled into bed. I noticed that after lunchtime today, I had put down the tough facade a bit. At least inside myself, no way I was ever going to show other people this side of me. I still couldn't stop thinking about that smile though. What did it mean? Was she laughing at me? Was she actually smiling in a good way? I needed answers. But the only people I could think to get them from, would be her (no way), Harry (ew), Ron (more ew) and Lavender (maybe), I mean out of those I think Lavender was the best one to place my bets on. But NOBODY I knew, could know. Luckily I think Lavender is pretty trustworthy, right? But she is definitely a gossiper, so I could figure it out. I just couldn't figure it out for me. I needed someone to be a cover-up.

But who could that be?

Writers note: sorry I have been so busy, I also had writers block, I promise to commit to this story more, thank you for reading my chapters tho, it mean a ton to me, love from me🤍