On Evil....

Background: A friend posted a question "Do you think that religion is a source of evil?" 
This was my response. 

       I think that misled belief, faith, and being made to feel less are most of the sources of evil in people. Monkey see Monkey do. Your parents are cool with l****ing Black and Asian folk there is a staggeringly high chance that you may share one or both of these traits; if you are raised seeing your parents give the shirts off their backs to help others, you will most likely be this way. If you are beaten abused and spend your childhood as the victim of a group of energy vampires that are supposed to be your family, you are much more likely to listen to little voices that come more like stray thoughts that slowly twist the blank slate of modern childhood psychology into the real monsters we grew up with like serial killer John Gacy, the killer clown or Ted Bundy. Becoming evil doesn't just happen it happens slowly, one small horror becomes another larger horror until, as Author Jim Butcher put it, "you are wearing all black and cackling about world domination."

     That is all just bottom-tier people-made evil, then there is evil created by the evil we dream and believe in. Some things like "the devil" are real because people believe they are real and over the eons that this belief has been all of that attention (energy) those things (Egogores) take on a life of their own under the principle that whole is usually more than the sum of its parts. And well if the meat it has been fed is tainted by evil then one should plan for evil and hope for the best. So the big Egogores like the devil, Cthulhu, the saints, Christian archangels, Egyptian gods, embodied spirits of nature, Sidhe Lords, etcetera end up like rogue AIs running around an MMORPG. They do their thing and throw the balance namby-pamby at their various whims. Are they real? Can we prove with our available personal reality sensors (human senses) that they are not? Yes and No, so yes?

    Beyond that, there is definitely plenty of things out there that just don't like people, and I guess are as close to "true evil" as we sentients ever experience. We are talking Lovecraft's Great Old Ones; other opposites of the great "I am" of Christo-Judeo-Islamic; the Great Goddess/God of Wicca; and a playlist of the most popular gods throughout the ages.

     Most writing seems to imply that these "things" are trapped outside of our reality by a barrier of some kind. Fiction writers intuit this in the form of King's Dark Tower, Butcher's Outer Barrier, and the outer barrier of Hermetic teaching. I am not sure what is out there, but I suspect there are other reality bubbles with other worlds full of other "people" with very different beliefs, but they will be so weird to us that it is very hard to wrap your head around how their motivations because they are so different. Imagine being left in the Amazon with a tribe that you can not communicate with and then trying to figure out what they are up to. Imagine how confusing it would be and how hard it would be to tell an act of kindness from one of aggression. Now imagine encountering something that looks nothing like you, that does things that make no sense, and from your perspective, refuses to communicate in any meaningful way. For this reason, maintaining the barrier will likely be instinctual in sentient species within each reality until the time when the small consensus reality is ready to join the greater reality beyond our Outer Barrier.

While writing this I keep intuiting that the principleof As Above, So Below can be applied to our bubble reality and those of ourneighbors form a trans-local group reality, which in turn group togethercreating a super bubble all under the principle of Feynman's Sum Over Histories.

Reality is fractal and holographic in nature.