A Wizard is only as good as their reference material...

think on that...
you don't need to know everything, just where to find most of it. smoke and mirrors.... card tricks and illusions...Learn to create a memory palace

How to Build A Memory Palace: A Scientifically Proven Approach  August 18, 2020
By Anthony Metivier (https://www.magneticmemorymethod.com/memory-palace/)

Little more than a decade ago, it wasn't uncommon that a person had to memorize a sizable list of phone numbers belonging to partners, siblings, parents and close friends.

Now Many Of Us Forget Our Own Cell Phone Numbers! 

And this shift has occurred very quickly.

Despite this fact, there are situations in the modern day that still require memorization.

Perhaps phone numbers and historical facts are better left to Google. But in reality, not everything can and should be searched via a computer.

A notable example which is becoming conversant is "language" – which requires that you and grammar. Until now, there isn't a technology effective enough to replace human ability to learn and master a language.

In the past, having to was not optional because information wasn't easily accessible. Up until the 19th century, paper was expensive, especially for quantities required to make a book. To add to it was that not many people could read and write so the ability and need to memorize and recall information was critical.

Why The Greeks Adored Memory Palace Science

That's why a powerful memorization method was adored by the ancient Greeks. This technique is used today by memory experts to commit huge amounts of information to mind.

The only problem is this:

An abundance of terminology has emerged that all means essentially the same thing. For example, you'll here some memory experts call the Memory Palace technique the Mind Palace. This term appears to come from the world of Sherlock Holmes, and it's not really accurate.

After all, this detective is a fictional character, and we're here to optimize our memory based on what is really scientifically possible, not fantastically described. Personally, I also dislike the idea of associating these techniques with crime, and Sherlock Holmes is a drug addict. Finally, the whole notion that the information is in our 'mind' is obvious, but also a deviation from the fact that this technique uses what is already in our memory to .

You might also hear the Memory Palace technique called the Journey Method, the Roman Room or a related term like the . All of these have one thing in common: They are using space itself as a mnemonic.

The fact that all of these techniques draw upon your spatial memory explains why "Memory Palace" is in fact the better term: No matter what you call the technique, it's a lot easier to use if you are basing it on space that is already remembered and easily recalled. This feature was noted by Thales of Miletus who lived during the pre-Socratic Era. He pointed out that "space is ultimate because it contains all things."

And thanks to Thales and a long line of people who have used these techniques, we have an abundance of Ancient Greek facts and instructions that have been handed down, anyone can learn to use a Memory Palace at any time.

One such contemporary memory expert, used it to digits. Our own MMM student Marno Hermann has used a Memory Palace to .

This memorization technique is called the Method of Loci, or more commonly the "Memory Palace". It is a memorization method that not only has held the test of time, but has been shown to be effective through modern-day studies.