Jury's decision and Naruto's tears

Disclaimer: In my mind and heart I own Naruto, that's all that matters right?? Right.

Warning: This chapter might possibly bring you to tears. Or just make you really sad, and yes even I cried after I reread and edited this chapter.

~^-^~

Naruto was squirming in his seat slightly as the trial started, Minato's lawyer started first and asked Naruto to come to the witness' stand. After taking an oath to tell the complete truth, the man started to speak.

"Now, Naruto- Can I call you that?" The man asked, to which Naruto nodded and the man continued, "Okay, Naruto. You claim that your father has beaten you for how long?"

"13 years." Naruto said watching the man as he slightly paced back and forth in the room.

"And it was Minato wasn't it?" the man asked, raising an eyebrow towards Naruto.

"Yes?" Naruto answered, slightly confused by the question.

"I'm only asking because Minato told us that you aren't like by, well, anyone at your school and could have easily been beaten up by them." The man said as Naruto gaped at the man slightly. Gaining his composure, Naruto narrowed his eyes at Minato slightly before looking back to the man.

"It's true I don't have many friends, but no one hates me enough to beat me up." Naruto answered, twiddling his thumbs.

"I see... And in your eyes, did you do anything to deserve these beatings?" The man asked, as Naruto's lawyer jumped up from his seat and started to yell,

"Objection!" Along with many political terms that Naruto didn't understand.

"I understand, Mr. Sarutobi. Mr. Hatake enjoin* your behavior." The judge said as the court settled down.

"Then, that's all. Thank you." Mr. Hatake, Minato's lawyer said as he went and sat down next to Minato. This time Mr. Sarutobi stood up and started to ask Naruto questions.

"Okay, Naruto. You said, that Minato Namikaze has been beating you since you were 5 right? So for 13 years correct?" Mr. Sarutobi asked, to which Naruto nodded. "And can you explain the worst one to the jury please?" The man asked, and Naruto nodded but hesitated slightly.

Blowing out a sigh he began, "The worst time that Minato had beaten me was when I was twelve. I had started to smile, even when Minato was angry at me or would beat me. One night he came home extremely drunk and stormed up to my room and started to cuss at me, I just sat there and smiled. Until he got really close to my face and told me that I could go die and if I did, he wouldn't care. Not one bit. I smiled slightly and he started to choke me, then as I was still trying to breathe, he grabbed his pocket knife from his back pocket and stabbed it into my hand and then, while the knife was still in my hand, he stabbed it into the opposite shoulder. Then taking my blood, from the wound he wrote "Dead to me" on my face and threw me out of our two story window." I finished, but I wasn't surprised when I tears started to roll down my cheeks and land on my suit. Quickly, trying to wipe them away, I looked up to see many people of the jury on the verge of tears.

"See ladies and gentlemen? This man," Mr. Sarutobi said, pointing to Minato fiercely, "Told his twelve year old son that he was Dead to him! And there is proof of this abuse because of Naruto's medical file pictures." The man said, and a TV across the room glowed to life and showed a picture of the story Naruto just told. There was an unconscious Naruto with a black eye, busted up and pale lips, dried blood written on his face, his hand pinned to his shoulder, and bruises all over Naruto's small body. "That is why I am fighting that Minato Namikaze gets locked up in prison like he deserves! He has traumatized his son for 13 years!" Mr. Sarutobi pretty much yelled at the jury. He then turned back to Naruto with a sympathetic look, "Naruto, has Minato ever told you why he was beating you?" Mr. Sarutobi asked gently.