Car ride

Disclaimer: All songs and characters mentioned in this or any other chapters, are not mine! They belong to their respective owners.

**Note: I DID edit the end of last chapter, sorry for the inconvenience! I highly recommend you reread the last page of the last chapter. Thank you for understanding.

~^-^~

After we got home and changed out of our suits and into something more comfortable, Sasuke had me sit on the couch in the living room as he did something in the other parts of his apartment. As I sat on the couch my mind started to wander around everything. From the trial earlier, to talking to my mom, to Sasuke in the car. ‘I love them...’ I thought, my eyes looking over to the pictures that surrounded Sasuke’s TV. There were pictures of His family, just him, there was a couple pictures of Sakura, Sasuke, and I when we were friends in Junior High. But then Sakura went to the popular crowd and stopped hanging out with Sasuke and I. Then my mind drifted to the conversation I had with my mom, and what she said to me.

‘Naruto-honey, listen to me.. You are a very wonderful boy! I may not have been there in front of you but I was always there watching. And trust me when I tell you, Tsunade and Jiraiya love you, and that adorable boy, Sasuke does as well. But you need to stop closing yourself off from them. They can help you and be there for you if you let them. Okay, sweetie?’ And she was right. I love my grandparents and Sasuke more than my own life. I would do anything for them, I will always try to protect them the best way that I can. I love them all very very much.

Suddenly, my thoughts were interrupted. “Naruto? Are you okay?” Sasuke asked as he placed a hand on my shoulder and sat down on the couch next to me. I looked up at him, his onyx eyes clouded with worry and slight sadness.

“Yeah.. why?” I questioned, raising my eyebrow slightly.

“I told you I was ready about 20 minutes ago and you never even flinched..” Sasuke said softly, before he brought his lips to my forehead and placed a short, gentle kiss. Then he grabbed my hand and stood up. “Don’t worry about it. Come on, Lets go.” Sasuke said, and once I stood up we were out the door.

~Later~

“Sasu.... Where the hell are we going?” I nearly screamed as I looked out the window, we were in the middle of nowhere! There was just trees, trees, and more trees! We had been in the car for 3 hours and I was getting impatient. Sasuke just smirked and continued driving like I hadn’t said anything. “Teme~ Where are we going??” I insisted, as I leaned over to console that was between us and placed my chin on his shoulder.

“Dobe... wouldn’t be much of a surprise if I told you, now would it??” Sasuke stated, he smirk growing as I plopped back in my seat and crossed my arms, deciding to look out the window some more. Once a disturbing silence set it, and an awkward aura filled the air between Sasuke and I, I leaned forward and turned on the stereo. Once the first song started to play, I looked at Sasuke.

“What the hell?!” I asked, my eyes growing wide but then I realized something. My face grew dark and I smiled creepily at Sasuke as the lyrics started to play through the speakers. ‘I fought it for a long time now, while drowning in a river of denial. I washed up, fixed up, picked up all my broken things. ‘Cause you left me, police tape, chalk line, Tequila shots in the dark scene of the crime. Suburban living with the feeling that I’m giving up. Everything for  you!’ “Sasuke~~ Are you damned?” I asked, peeking at Sasuke through my eyelashes.