41 It's Not a Problem Normally

Outside the Tower of Wisdom, Qiang Wei found a corner with nobody around and imbued his spiritual energy into the transmission stone. This time, he didn't bother to contact Fu Min or Fu Heng though. No, he was very well aware of just how their king's situation would look right now. What he instead needed was somebody who could tell him how to deal with His Highness.

After just a moment, his request was answered and Xiang Yong's face appeared. "Qiang Wei, what's the matter? Is His Highness alright?" His brows furrowed tightly. Their king was already in a precarious situation. If His Highness had an accident now ... he didn't even want to imagine that.

Qiang Wei shook his head. "He's alright. It's just ... he seems to have caught on to the fact that something is going on with His Majesty." His expression turned sheepish at once when he said so. "I'm not exactly sure how it happened. We went to the Tower of Wisdom to look up some information about that small beast the king brought back from the mortal realm and then he suddenly asked about it again. I'm not sure how to deal with it."

Xiang Yong gave a start. This ... likely wasn't good? From everything he knew about the Son of Heaven, he seemed a bit frail. Knowing what had happened might not do him any good. Not to mention that this was right after the end of his trial. Who knew what kind of influence that would have?

Thinking of this, Xiang Yong raised his gaze to where the gods were busy helping out. At the side, he could also spot the figure of the God of War with his brows furrowed tightly and his hands folded behind his back while he gave commands every now and then. If there was somebody who would know more, it should be him.

Xiang Yong hesitated for a moment but finally gave a hum. "Let's see what the gods think about this."

He carried the transmission stone over while Qiang Wei was looking at him with a puzzled expression. When the God of War appeared next to Xiang Yong, Qiang Wei realized what was going on though. He nodded at him and then gave the same explanation as just now.

Qiang Yang's brows furrowed tightly. "Usually, this isn't a problem. We don't remember the trial immediately or even all at once. He will only start to regain his memories piece by piece after a few days have passed and beginning from the end of his mortal life instead of the beginning. So he shouldn't remember what has been happening to Longjun until a week or two have passed.

"Unfortunately, Jing He is a bit sensitive. Just the worry about how Qiu Ling is doing will likely distress him. That isn't good. Especially not after his soul has just returned to his body. It's a dangerous time."

Xiang Yong's expression changed. "You don't mean to say that his soul could get injured because of this, do you?"

Qiang Yan could only sigh helplessly. "Normally, no. The trials do have the potential to cause such a thing but since the mortal life is over and there are no further ties, it rarely happens. In this case though, Qiu Ling has been following him. If this were to be the reason for Qiu Ling to come to harm, then I'm afraid Jing He wouldn't deal with that well."

He wasn't entirely sure if he should tell Qiu Ling's advisers about this. After all, they were still from another race. But then, they all needed to work together to solve this matter at hand. Otherwise, both sides would come to harm.

He coughed lightly and motioned toward the border to the demon realm. "As long as Qiu Ling returns and Jing He gets to see him, it won't cause any harm. I'm just worried because his state is like this." He hadn't seen him but he could very well imagine it. "If he doesn't return before Jing He regains his memories and he sees himself dying in Qiu Ling's arms ... I'm not sure what that would do to him."

Qiang Wei and Xiang Yong exchanged a glance. This was a disaster. Their king was currently unstable because he had watched Zhong Jing Yi die. His soul was bound to that of Jing He though. But now, if Jing He came to harm because of Qiu Ling's current state ... wouldn't their king's situation become even worse?

Qiang Wei held his forehead, cursing under his breath. After a moment, he turned back to Xiang Yong. "Then what should we do now? Fu Min and Fu Heng haven't contacted you yet?"

Xiang Yong shook his head. "No, and I don't think they will anytime soon. With His Majesty's strength, it's likely he can go for a few days or ... even longer." His brows furrowed in worry. Of course, he could also see what a recipe for disaster this was. Unfortunately, solving this ... it wouldn't be easy. They needed to proceed with caution.

He gave a hum and then gave Qiang Wei a stern look. "You shouldn't tell him anything. With our understanding of the situation of the gods in general and His Highness in particular, there is no way you will be able to solve this without causing more harm."

Qiang Wei gave a wry smile. "I thought as much."

Xiang Yong nodded and then turned to Qiang Yan. "God of War, since he is your nephew, maybe it would be best if you returned to the Nine Heavens for now. Your people have already helped us greatly with the aftermath of the battle. We can probably do the rest on our own."

Qiang Yan nodded. "Then I will return, report to my brother-in-law, and then go to see Jing He to have a chat." He nodded to himself but then couldn't help but raise his brows. "What about your race's An Bai?"

Xiang Yong raised his brows. "An Bai?"

"Mn. He and Jing He always got along. Maybe he could accompany me. If he talked to Jing He, he might also be able to calm him down. If not today, then maybe in a few days in case there still isn't any news of Longjun."

Xiang Yong thought for a moment and then nodded. "Very well. I will tell him. You should first go back though. We shouldn't lose any time."