167 The Supreme Ruler Appeared

Leng Jin Yu blinked and suddenly found Xiang Yu standing two steps away. He looked at him in surprise. This time, he hadn't even seen a portal appear beforehand. "Did Xin Lan come back?" If not for that, he didn't know what else could be so urgent.

"No, I don't think we need him either."

Leng Jin Yu raised his brows. "Did you think of something else?" Because otherwise, he really couldn't say that he agreed. If he felt that there was any other possible course of action, he likely wouldn't have bothered Xin Lan with this.

Xiang Yu shook his head. "No, but Tian came by and did something so Jinde should be alright."

Leng Jin Yu continued to look at him, his expression complicated. He knew that Xiang Yu might be older than him but ... he sometimes felt like he was talking to a five-year-old when they spoke. His way of telling others what was happening sure showed some resemblance.

He took a deep breath, trying to focus on the important parts. "So ... the supreme ruler appeared in our living quarters and ..." He trailed off, suddenly realizing that something wasn't right. "Are you sure? Because I didn't see anyone." He might have no idea what Tian looked like but there had been nobody at all so there was no chance to have simply mistaken him for somebody else. What was it that he didn't know?

"Oh. He stopped time. Anyway, you don't have to worry. If it's Tian, then nothing bad will happen. He knows what he's doing."

Leng Jin Yu gave a hum, still not sure what to make of this. Was the supreme ruler the type to simply appear and help out? He didn't think so. Qiu Ling had mentioned after his return that he had met him but he had also needed to travel to the High Heavens to do so. In that case ... "Do you think this was what Xin Lan planned? He went to the High Heavens and asked the supreme ruler for help because there was nobody else who could solve this situation?"

Actually, he could very well imagine this. Xin Lan's feelings for Jinde weren't shallow. Even if it wasn't love, he sure cherished him. Going to the High Heavens and asking for help ... while that might be something his ego didn't survive unscathed, he would still do it for him. And seeing as Tian had even managed to pull Qiu Ling back from the brink of insanity, he should have a way to help Jinde as well. It made sense.

Xiang Yu slowly arrived at the same conclusion as Leng Jin Yu now that this possibility was pointed out to him. He felt confused though. "Ah? But Tian never mentioned it!" He would have thought he'd do that, considering his relationship with Xin Lan. Ah, but maybe he had gotten sidetracked when he asked about the trial? Yes, that made a lot of sense! Surely, Tian wouldn't deliberately keep this from him.

Xiang Yu casually found an excuse for Tian and turned back to look at Jinde. "Either way, with Tian helping out, Jinde will definitely be alright. You don't have to worry anymore!"

Leng Jin Yu nodded. "You're right." He heaved a sigh of relief and the tension that had tightly gripped his body for the last weeks finally left him. Closing his eyes, he took a moment to get back his bearing before he looked at Xiang Yu again. "Thank you for these days. Without you here, I'm not sure if we could have held on for so long."

It was difficult for him to watch Jinde suffer. At the same time, he was afraid for their child's life. Without Jinde being pulled out of his current state, there was no way to save them. Otherwise, he would have held on by himself for a while. As it stood, he had at least been able to divide his time between spending time with both as there was always somebody around to keep an eye on the other. It took some of the burden off his shoulders.

Xiang Yu beamed at him even though he felt that he hadn't done much. "It's good as long as he's alright."

Leng Jin Yu hummed and also turned to look at his husband. "That's true. I hope he'll wake up soon." He leaned down and kissed Jinde's temple, his brows furrowed. He naturally hoped that everything would go well but it had been almost a month since the battle and Jinde had entered this state pretty much the day after as soon as they had sent Jin Ling off. Since then, it had only gotten worse, not better, so he only dared to be cautiously optimistic. If this still didn't work ...

Leng Jin Yu closed his eyes again, trying not to think about it. With the supreme ruler himself getting involved, there should be no problem. And yet, he still worried. If it didn't work out, he would lose his child for sure and there was even a chance that the same would be true for his husband. That thought ... he couldn't bear it.

To be honest, having a child had always been more Jinde's dream than his. He didn't dislike the thought but he could live without. Losing the one they had already prepared for was a lot harder though. Still, in the end, he might be able to take it. It would hurt but he could do it. If he lost Jinde as well though ...

Xiang Yu noticed his expression and hurriedly reached over to pat his shoulder. "Don't worry! I'm sure it'll go well. You don't know Tian like I do. There is basically nothing he can't do."

Leng Jin Yu hurriedly nodded, trying not to spiral. Their family had already suffered enough. He definitely couldn't lose his mind over this now. Especially not at this point in time when Jinde might wake up again soon.