101 A Bad Impression

"Leng Jin Yu?" He quietly repeated the name, unable to believe what he had just heard. "That ... ascended deity?"

Qiu Ling raised his brows. "The two of you know each other?" He could have sworn he had heard that they didn't.

Jing He started to shake his head but then hesitated. "Well, it's not like we really know each other. It's just that ... earlier this week, he contacted my uncle about a matter while I was coincidentally there." At that time, Leng Jin Yu's reaction to seeing him had seemed a bit off. He had tried to explain it away but it had still bothered Jing He. Thinking back now, he knew even less what to think.

This person was Qiu Ling's father. After seeing him in the transmission to his uncle, he suddenly looked at him like this. Did this mean ... he had already failed to gain his approval? Then after Qiu Ling returned to the dragon realm later, would he try to advise him not to go forward with their relationship and the engagement?

Jing He's thoughts fell into disarray. He had just started to feel reassured after Qiu Ling returned and then slowly went back to his usual behavior but now, there was such a matter. How was he to deal with this? It wasn't like he could go back in time to make a better first impression! Not to mention ... he wasn't sure what he had done wrong.

At that time, his uncle had simply accepted the transmission and then turned the transmission stone toward him, introducing him to ... Qiu Ling's father. He hadn't done anything but greet him and he didn't think that there had been anything wrong with his appearance. What exactly was it that Qiu Ling's father disliked about him?

Qiu Ling watched Jing He fall silent. His expression didn't show much of his mood but the way he spoke so hesitantly made him feel that his beloved should have some doubts about this. Unfortunately, he wasn't sure what that doubt might be.

He thought for a while and then gently rubbed the back of Jing He's hand. "What's the matter? Isn't it good that you've met already?"

Jing He looked up at Qiu Ling and nodded but there was still some hesitation in the gesture.

Qiu Ling just quietly looked at him, waiting for Jing He to say something. Anyway, if he didn't tell him, there was nothing he could do, right?

After a moment, Jing He indeed spoke up again. "That ... I can't help but wonder what impression I left him with. I didn't know he was your father. If I had, then ..." He faintly furrowed his brows before lowering his head again and looking at how Qiu Ling was gently holding his hand. This really was a faux pas. Even without knowing, he should have done a better job. Why had he failed so miserably?

Qiu Ling smiled faintly when he saw his beloved's depressed mood. Clearly, Jing He was overthinking this. "Don't worry. I haven't seen him since then but I doubt he'd have a bad impression of you. Anyway ..." He cleared his throat and raised his brows, his expression a bit subtle. "It's not like he is my actual father. He does remember his past life thanks to some ... circumstances but he is still a different person. So don't worry. He won't judge you or our relationship. Even if he did, he wouldn't have taste if he said anything negative."

Jing He's lips couldn't help but curl up when Qiu Ling said the last sentence. Yes, Qiu Ling had always been so straightforward and steadfast in his opinions. Why would he listen to others? He was already the esteemed king of the dragon race and had been for a long time. He wasn't reliant on his father's words in the way he was.

Jing He sighed when he thought of that but he didn't dare to focus on it. No, his own father's matter would be solved as Qiu Ling had said. Right now, other things were more important. After all, his own worries aside, the return of the reincarnation of Qiu Ling's father was a major incident. "It's good if you get along though. You ... you missed having a family, didn't you?"

Qiu Ling nodded. "I did." He tilted his head and gave his beloved a careful look. "Speaking of which ... he happens to have a lover that he recently married."

Jing He nodded. "I heard that his spouse was from the dragon race."

Qiu Ling inclined his head. "He is." He raised his brows, wondering how to describe Jinde's situation. He didn't mind his beloved knowing about Jinde and the position he had already held. In fact, it might be good to say it since they had talked about him fleetingly in the past.

It was just ... none of this seemed easy to explain and there had already been a lot since he came back. Maybe it was time to slow down and let Jing He come to terms with what he knew so far? But then, the longer he waited, the more issues might crop up.

Jing He looked at Qiu Ling patiently. Whatever he was willing to tell him, he would gladly listen. He also understood that he might not be allowed to be privy to some of the inner workings of the dragon realm. After all, even though the two of them had agreed to get married, this wasn't official yet. Until then, he couldn't demand much, right?

Qiu Ling finally sighed. Anyway, he should just start vague, see how it went, and then add further explanations if Jing He was able to take it. If not ... well, there would still be time tomorrow. He didn't have to do everything in one day. Even though Jing He might have started to remember, he didn't believe it would be that fast. Not to mention that even if he regained some memories, he would need more time to make sense of them. Thus, there really wasn't anything to worry about.