Chapter 26: Leon Grayson

"They have met with Matias, my lord."

"So it would seem so," I wasn't able to contain my excitement. "Her dear cousin should be sharing the dreadful news right about now." I stared out the window of the 30th floor of my suite, looking down at the crowded city that was brimming with desperation.

"What do you hope to accomplish with this, Leon?" Killian asked, not to my surprise. I sighed woefully.

"Killian, how many times must I explain?" I turned my back on the bustling city and took a seat on the couch, the expensive leather squeaking under my weight. "Leave and prepare.You know when to come get me." The formless man bowed and left through the door without another sound.

"I have realized Killian, I haven't been dreaming big enough. She's the granddaughter of the faery king. You know what that means, Killian?" I grinned at nothing but saw everything. "We could be a king ourselves, Killian. A king!" I let out a short laugh. "Now, wouldn't that be something? Our queen by our side as we ruled the fae folk?" A dreamy smile tickled the edges of my lips.

"You are not even of the fae. Why do you think they would follow you?" I shook my head in disappointment.

"Oh Killian. Your imagination is so lacking." I stood and walked to the mini fridge to grab a bottle of champagne. "We have Kei standing with us! How are they going to deny our power with her by our side?"

"Your mind is too cloudy to understand that your logic doesn't even make sense anymore." If I wasn't mistaken, I could sense a tinge of despair in his words. However, it did not matter to me.

"You forget what I have done to have her, and I will not stop until I do." I put the bottle back into the fridge, finding that my mood was dampened by thinking of the past. "I have made the ultimate sacrifice to get what I want, and like hell will I fight for it." I ended the sentence with a loud growl, slamming a fist on the marble counter. A neat crack formed in the middle, and I took a moment to study it before drawing in a calming breath.

"And I loathe you every second for what you have done," Killian seethed. With that, I felt his presence close off in my mind. I was grateful, for he had made me remember a memory that I knew would haunt me even in Hell. To distract myself, I found myself glancing once again out the floor to ceiling window, the sun gently being laid down to rest. At that moment, there was a light knock at the door. The stickiness of the past ebbed away and replaced it was utter exhilaration.

It was time.