Chapter 19: Kei Valancia

"Uh, our womb carrier?," - Rei

~~~~~~~~~~

"Why, I'm Titus's fiancée." These words were muffled in my own ears, and I tried to scream to deny such allegations but something, or someone, was keeping me from doing so.

"What?" Ryker's voice was bewildered, but I was not able to see his expression to match his tone.

"Don't believe that little wench, Ryker!" Absolutely nothing in response.

"Kei sure found a nice toy to play with," the voice purred. My voice to be exact. "I wonder how long she tends to keep you."

I bared my teeth at the darkness, my anger rising to new levels. "Goddess, I swear when I get my body back..."

"What, you're going to put her back into a corner? Sorry girlie, but this inner demon is going to be a lot harder to exorcise." I swiftly turned to find Rei casually lounging on a couch in the middle of the darkness.

It was slightly unnerving to see Rei relaxed into a plush L-shaped couch with her sock-covered feet propped up, the silky strands of her silver hair pulled up in a loose bun and her golden eyes a calm liquid. All while dressed in a pair of deliciously comfy looking black sweats and a T-shirt with Shemar Moore's face smiling back at me.

Definitely one of the biggest perks of getting my eyesight was discovering the television show called Criminal Minds. Ugh, Derek Morgan and Penelope Garcia bring so much joy to my heart.

And don't get me started on Spencer Reid. His cuteness knows no bounds.

Shaking my head to bring me back to the present, I pursed my lips and crossed my arms. "May I ask who this demon might be?" She quirked an eyebrow in response.

"You don't know?" I snorted and let my arms drop, making my way towards her.

"If I knew then I wouldn't be asking." She copied my expression by raising her own brow, our faces now a literal mirror of each other.

"Bring down the sass there RuPaul, I just figured that you already knew." She closed her eyes and let out a yawn. Sighing heavily, I plopped beside her on the couch.

"Now you're bringing RuPaul into this?" I mutter. She let out a loud laugh at my severe frown.

"Oh come on. I'm just trying to lighten up the mood. Of course, it never was that hard to get you to at least smirk." I shot her a glare before making a pillow appear out of thin air and chucking it at her face. She simply blocked it with a quick flick of her hand, the offending pillow being flown into the darkness. "No need to get violent."

I couldn't contain the snort that was aroused. "Rei, we both know I am the incarnation of violence." She leaned back on the couch and started picking at her nails.

"And that's why I told you for years that you needed to go to therapy," she shot back.

"Ha! What is a shrink going to do? Give me meds and make me go to some anger management class?" I shook my head at the thought. "I would only piss everybody off and that's the exact opposite of what is to be accomplished." That got Rei to let out a chortle.

"I guess that's true. So, O Violent One, what are you going to do now?" She stopped picking at her nails long enough to stare at me, her golden eyes unblinking.

I took a moment to really consider her question. Running a hand through my hair, I stared emptily into space, not positive as to what the next step of action was. "I guess fighting my way out of this one is not an option." Just to make a point, I looked left and right to see the same blackness in every direction. "Jeez, I have no imagination."