Chapter 4: Kei Valancia

"What kind of flowers do you want on your grave?" - Rei

~~~~~~~~~~

I slapped my hand over my mouth to hold in my laugh, seeing Ryker's horrified expression was completely priceless. In fact, he was so stunned that he simply opened and closed his mouth, words not reaching the air around us.

"You all right there, King?" I asked him, the humor dancing with each word. Without a sound, he strode over to the bathtub and shut the running water off, bubbles floating in the air around us.

"Why does my bathroom look like-what happened?" He didn't know how to form his disbelief, and I couldn't help but find the whole situation completely comical.

"Well, as you can clearly see, your bathroom has turned into a kids dream." And it was true.

Bubbles, white and sparkling as well as absolutely fantastic, spilled over the tub and onto the floor. Not only that, but the suds were piled high where it almost touched the ceiling.

It was pretty magical looking. To me anyway, as from the look on Ryker's face, it was anything but.

"Do you want to take a bubble bath with me?" I offered, trying to diffuse the situation as best as I could. "I bet it won't look as bad if you're having fun."

He didn't say anything back, which was slightly creepy. This was the first time that I experienced him to be this quiet, and it was quite ominous honestly.

"You could have avoided this if you hadn't been admiring yourself, Narcissus." Rei took the liberty to chide me but in reality, she was just as caught up as I was at the reflection staring back at me.

"What were you doing?" His voice was dangerously low while his eyes leveled on mine with piercing attention. As I chuckled, it was light but nervous as I scratched the back of my neck.

"Well you see, I was uh, checking out my new look. I think I can make the dual colored eye look into a thing, don't you think?" I grinned at him but his eyes never strayed from my face. But I couldn't take him seriously at all when he was surrounded by mountain high bubbles.

Almost on cue, a few free-floating suds came flying down, gently landing on top of his dark hair. Unintentionally, I let out a giggle at the sight.

Ryker Dare was many things, but most wouldn't associate him to be adorable. However, I on the other hand, knew at that moment that he was the definition of lovable.

Smiling, I walked over to his side and lifted my hand to get them out of the dark strands, his eyes never leaving my face the whole time.

"I think it's pretty awesome," I said humorously. "I think it gives a magical vibe."

"You do know that I'll get you back for this, right?" His words held a promising threat and I smiled up at him with a dare.

"This relationship wouldn't be fun if you didn't," I replied. I smiled at him cheekily before moving away and staring at the scene before us. "However, let's start on this mess first before any retaliating begins, okay?" He gave a sigh before nodding.

"Oh and one more thing," I say before we start. "What's for breakfast?"

*****

"That was the worst," Ryker grumbled an hour later, getting everything ready to start cooking. "Not only that but now you're making me do this."

I shot him a look of amusement before settling at the bar, hopping onto the barstool.

"I'm still weak from two months of inactivity." For emphasis, I draped across the bar in a dramatic fashion. "Plus, you're the one that can cook between the two of us." He rolled his eyes at me but I still caught the smile as he turned to face the stove. Sitting up, I rested my chin in my palm as I watched him work.