Chapter 23

Tyler's POV :-

Why did she have to wear that dress? 

It worshipped every curve of her body. And that colour- so provocative. So sensual. So perfect for a girl like her.

Temptation. Thy name, Veronica D'costa.

She had always said that she wasn't much of a dancer. But the way she had swayed her hips in a drunken haze to the pulsing low beats, just a few minutes ago had suggested otherwise. It was mesmerizing, especially because of that damn dress she had on.

And god, it had grated on my nerves that she was dancing with Josh. 

I kept telling myself that I had to give her space and wait for her to come to me. But with every passing second, I had been tempted.

No, tempted didn't seem like a strong enough word. 

I had felt compelled.

Compelled to get closer, kiss those full lips. Take her away from all the prying eyes. Make her mine.

God, she made me feel like a damn caveman. 

 Words like - want, need, must have, and mine, made an appearance every time my eyes found her. 

But thank god for small mercies, because she had walked away from the dance floor- away from Josh- just when I was a second away from hauling her over to me.  

And now, she was here, by my side, right where she fucking belonged. 

"Care for a drink?" She inched closer to me and my hands itched to pull her even closer. 

I was intoxicated by her. Every goddamn thing about her.

Want.

Need. 

Must have. 

Mine.

I blinked and then shook my head. What the hell was this vodoo magic?

Love. My mind answered for me and I almost smiled. 

"Dude, did you just space out?" Veronica peered up at me with a cute frown.

"Sorry." I smiled sheepishly.

"Okay...so a drink?"  

"Will you take advantage of me if I get drunk?" I tilted my head slightly to get a better look at her face. 

"No." She shook her head, wide-eyed. 

"Ugh, then what's the point?" I shrugged. 

She blinked as if she was processing my answer and then threw her head back in laughter. "C'mon, I know you usually don't drink, but make an exception tonight."

"Tempt me."

Her eyes gleamed at the challenge in my words and she took another step closer to me.

"I'm trying to," she whispered against my ear.

 And fuck. Drunk Veronica might just be my favorite. 

I groaned, trying to muster all the self-control I could, and took a step away from her. "Tiger, you're drunk."

"So?" 

I sighed. "So I'm not going to get drunk, while you're shit-faced."

She rolled her eyes and muttered. "Always trying to be responsible."

"Hey!' Josh appeared behind us and I stood up straight. He looked at Veronica with a smile that made me frown. "I'm sorry I can't stay any longer, I gotta go."