The Suitor

"I wish I could hurt you the way you hurt me. But I know that if I had the chance, I wouldn't do it."

Unknown

[One day before...]

It was Thursday around 12.20 PM.

Seokjin just finished some work, he did some photoshoot for fashion magazine. The day was quite packed and busy, because he wanted to make sure he could take some day off later in the weekend. But even though the agenda was hectic, he made time for having lunch with his mother. He went into this certain vintage theme 24 hour coffee shop as the mother asked him.

Ohh well, by the way, Seokjin lived in his own apartment. He didn't stay in the mansion with his parents and older brother because he wanted to be much more independent – without getting too much spoiled by too much maid in the house.

"How was your day, darling?" The mother led the conversation as she enjoyed orange basil salmon – along with iced strawbery water and lemon cake.

"I'm doing good with work, eomma. Kinda busy, but okay. I got day off this weekend." Seokjin explained and sipped his iced lemon punch. Anyway, for the lunch he ordered fettuccine with walnut sage pesto, Greek salad, and caramel cake.

"Take care of your health." The mother gently brushed Seokjin's hair.

Seokjin just nodded and smiled. "Don't worry."

They enjoyed the main course in peace and continued the talk as they enjoyed the dessert.

"Seokjinnie, eomma is curious about your love life. Do you have a boyfriend?"

Oh no.

To take a note, Seokjin was never mention about Taehyung, nor anything romance in general. About Taehyung, he didn't want his mother to be bothered. Because as much as he wanted to tell and be honest, he as well wanted to avoid chaos. His parents won't be happy if they find out Taehyung did something horrible towards their son.

"Uhh..." Seokjin tried to smile. "I haven't meet my luck for love life."

The mother seemed concerned with the answer, but then she continued to enjoy her cake as she talked about something else.

"Seokjinnie, next month your father will make an official announcement about the heir – your hyung Seokjung as the heir of KIM & Co. And it will be also the announcement of his engagement with his girlfriend Ahreum. So, can you please make time to attend the formal party?"

"Sure." Seokjin casually answered. He knew he won't be the 'heir' and didn't care about it. He actually relieved for not having the burden to continue the huge hereditary family company: real estate and clothing factory. Yes he had passion in fashion but he wanted to do it freely, he had no desire to run the clothing factory, at all. "I will come to the formal party and congratulate Seokjung hyung."

The mother seemed pleased even though just for a moment, anyway. "But Seokjin... There is one thing..."

Seokjin was about to take a spoonful cake. "Hmm?" He looked up – his mother pierced her eyes on him.

"Eomma and appa..." The mother kinda hesitate. "We are thinking about your future."

"My future?" Seokjin knitted his eyebrows.

"You are submissive, you need someone dominant to protect you because you know, eomma and appa won't be alive forever to protect you."

That was actually right. "I know."

"Also... This is the peak time for you to find a man. To find the candidate as your future husband."

Ohh. Well. Right. Seokjin himself wanted a lover and he wanted to get married -to be honest- but it's really hard to find the right one. Seokjin bit his lower lip. "I clearly understand, but I – uhh I haven't meet any good man, like I said..."