only girl I see

Finnick and I were 14 years old. Never had I ever thought my elementary crush would become my best friend over the years. Not only that but my elementary crush completely disappeared once we got older. Finnick had always been attractive. Which meant none of the girls at the academy liked me. For one I was the only girl finnick odair ever payed attention to, and for another, I trained alone. People were too afraid of me after a sent the biggest bully in the school to the medics with a concussion for trying to touch me inappropriately.

I lost hope in ever having other friends. It was just finnick and I. Finnick always said I was more attractive than he was. We both new it was true because I was also known for attracting all the guys like finnick with the girls. Finnick liked to keep count of all the guys that asked me out that day and tell my father after school.

Finnick was about 5'6. It was a bit short for his age but we both new he would be getting a lot taller as he got older. I was just shy of 5'6 also but I wouldn't be getting any taller. We liked to fight each other. It might sound like we are trying to kill each other with our witty banter back and forth but we were the best at the academy. I was the only one who could beat finnick and finnick was the only one who could beat me. We challenged each other in ways not even a professional could. We learned faster this way. Our fighting patterns were predictable to no man but the other. That's why our duels at the academy with his trident and my longblade lasted so long. One of the most memorable fights we engaged ourselves in happened recently.

"Care to duel my dear friend." Finnick asked as he approached me taking my hand in his and kissing my knuckles.

"Oh your duels are irresistible. What weapon will we be using this time?" I replied as i walked towards the armory.

"Not so fast. We're not picking weapons. We're playing flirt to fight." Finnick said stoping me.

"Why do you always pick this game?" I whined.

"Because half of us hate it and half of us love it." Finnick answered as he whispered it in my ear seductively.

Finnick acquired a throwing dagger and I got a rope. It was clear the other students in the academy wanted a fist fight. Finnick and I took our places on a sparring mat and got in position. Neither of us had weapons of farmiliar territory so this was going to be fun.

Once we began finnick dove for my feet and undid my shoelaces. I tied a knot in the rope as I dodged finnick's attacks. Once I threw one end of the rope at him he caught it and slashed it clean through the middle rendering the rope completely useless.

"Oh were playing dirty now aren't we." I said as I thrust his shoulders to the ground and straddled his body to keep him down. I would be really lucky to win this fight because it was all down to strength at this point and finnick was much stronger than I.

"Yes we are." Finnick said as he flipped me over so he was now on top of me. He began moving his face closer trying to kiss me so I would get flustered but I dodged his lips and flipped him over me, by the belt.

"That trick stopped working a long time ago Finn. Find a new trick." I taunted as we both stood up. Finnick disguarded the dagger. I jogged backwards much to finnick's confusion. Then began running at him. I jumped and thrust my feet into his chest then flipped off of him as he flew backwards. I had never pulled a trick like that on him and he didn't see it coming. Finnick had the wind knocked out of him and he stumbled to get up off the ground. I walked over to him and stood over his sprawled body bending down to come face to face with the boy.

"Were even now. 143 to 143 fights won. Try harder next time." I said as I knelt down and kissed his cheek. He attempted to move his face so it would land on his lips but I held his face still. He rolled his eyes as I pressed my lips against his soft cheek. Finnick and I kissed each other like it was a friendly greeting or a reward for something or even a punishment. We had locked lips on may occasions but it had never been anything more than a peck on the lips. One time finnick walked right up to me in the middle of the hall at school and planted a kiss directly on my lips just to get me back for stealing something from him. That time it was a punishment. We had become way to comfortable doing this and it had gotten a no PDA policy installed in the school. I followed it but who was going to stop finnick from Teasing the only girl he had eyes for.

I was awoken from my daydream by a kiss on the cheek. My head shot to my left where finnick was sitting.

"Chapstick?" He offered handing me his tube of chapstick.

"I'll just kiss you for some later." I replied. Finnick blushed hard as he turned back to the teacher.

"You too in the back if I see you make him blush one more time I'll make you sit on opposite sides of the room." The teacher threatened.

We shut up for the rest of the class then school ended. Finnick and I rushed home and changed into our swim outfits. My swim outfit was a sort of wet suit material with shorts and long sleeves all in one piece. Finnick's swim suit was just a pair of swimming trunks. It bothered me how a 14 year old had perfect abs but I couldn't be talking because I also had perfect abs. We lived near each other so we both ran out of our houses and raced to the beaches. I made it first and Finn rewarded me by throwing me in the ocean. The cool water felt good against the hot humid air of district 4.

"So the reaping is coming up." Finnick started to speak after the two of us had took to relaxing on the beach occasionally being brushed by waves.

"Reaping, really extravagant annoying people introducing next games." I said.

"Your good at that. Do finnick." Finnick suggested.

"Finnick, flirty, intelligent, nice, nagging, intolerable, clingy, keen" I replied.

"Perfect except for nagging and change keen to kissable." Finnick suggested.

"Your still holding me to that chapstick kiss aren't you." I said raising and eyebrow at him.

"Maby, and it's gotta be a long one or you won't get any of the chapstick." He said.

"No." I replied to him simply.

"Come on." He pleaded.

"This Is what I meant about the nagging." I said knowingly.

"Your making me look really desperate right now." He said sadly.

"And there's the clingy." I said.

"I wish you weren't so scared of commitment. You've been committed to our friendship for a while why can't we just take it to the next level?" Finnick complained.

"Finnick I just need a lot of time. I've been under a lot of pressure with my dad's unemployment lately." I replied becoming sad.

"You'll have my heart forever but if you can't do this for us by the reaping in a few weeks then I'm done trying we have known each other since we were seven and had our first kiss at 11 what are you waiting for." Finnick said sternly. I grabbed a chapstick out of my pocket and applied it to my lips than crashed them onto finnick's knocking him over and leaving him flustered when I pulled away and began to leave.

Finnick stoped me but didn't turn me around to face him. "You did that out of pity. Give me something real so that I can be satisfied till the reaping."

I turned around and gave finnick a big hug wrapping my arms around his neck. I pulled away just enough to reach his lips and I pressed mine against his. I continued to press my lips on his for a few seconds without moving. I released my lips from his and he smiled.

"Do you still need time?" He asked.

"Just a bit." I replied. He just noded in agreement.

"This doesn't change our friendship we're still going to be best friends at school and in the academy." Finnick gave his last condition. I noded in agreement and we walked back to our houses.