days 9-12

Day nine had arrived and I had taken the last shift before daylight. I woke Avon and Parker up and we ate the last bit of food we had left. We didn't know what to do so we just stayed where we were.

After a few minutes the trees began to rustle and we got up. We drew our weapons and stood at the ready. The birds went quiet as a snow leopard walked by us. I looked into it's eyes and they were red. The leopard was a mutt.

The creature turned to us and stepped back as if warning us that we were about to be chased. I began sprinting towards the cliff and Avon and Parker fallowed me. The leopard began chasing us as we ran. The cliff was about half a mile from where we were in the forest. None of us slowed for even a second.

If I was going to survive this I ether needed to jump off the cliff or kill the leopard now. I was running out of time. Avon and Parker had fallen down and stopped running but the leopard didn't go back for them or turn a head. It's eyes were fixed on me. I was about to turn to attack the leopard when Avon and Parker had pounced on the creature slowing it down enough to allow me to get away. I continued to sprint away but the leopard had thrown Avon and Parker off of it. I was slowing as I neared the edge.

The leopard had gained a lot of speed. If I jumped out of the way maby it would jump off the cliff. I had a split second to think before I jumped off the cliff and fell. I turned and saw the leopard had jumped after me so I grabbed onto it's back as it was falling faster than I was. I mounted the leopard in a riding position. Didn't cats always land on their feet.

We landed on the ice with a bone crushing smash that cracked the ice below us. The leopard was definitely dead but I was alive and unharmed. We began slipping into the water. It was Icy cold but nothing I couldn't handle. I probably wouldn't be able to get out with the leopard and all this cracked ice in the way so I put my goggles on and went under water. The goggles doubled as swimming goggles as well which was nice. I swam out a few yards then took a knife and traced a whole in the ice. I carved in the circle a few centimeters then took my trident and stuck it in the ice.

The Ice was thin and by weakening the ice I was able to break a safe hole in it. I climbed out of the water and removed my goggles.

I looked over at the place the leopard and I fell and the leopard had sunk through. I really didn't want to climb that cliff again let alone when Im soaking wet. I looked up at the cliff and saw Parker and Avon looking down at me.

"Why do you keep almost dying?" Avon asked from the top of the cliff.

"Does it look like I'm trying too?" I yelled back.

"You jumped off a cliff!" He yelled at me again.

"And I survived!" I shouted at him as I stood up.

I carefully walked around the broken ice and over to the cliff where Parker dropped a rope for me. I slowly climbed the rope being weighed down by my dripping coat. Avon and Parker were pulling my up as well.

Once I got on top I shed my very wet coat and laid in the grass to soak up the sun and dry off. I took of my boots and socks along with my gloves and anything else I was wearing other than my shirt and pants. I wrung out my coat and laid it out beside me.

"Why did the leopard only chase after you it just left us in the dust and went after you it's like everything in this arena only wants you dead." Parker questioned.

"Well it was a mutt and if I didn't know any better I'd say they sort of have a vendetta against me. They seem to want my head on a silver platter but they can only do so much when I'm in this arena and their only method of killing me are natural disasters and wild animals." I answered. I realized I may have let something slip when Parker said something after.