the 66th hunger games

Finnick and i walked into the area where we always got reaped. Finnick had to go on stage because he was the mentor this year along with mags but I had to go into the crowd. The peacekeepers didn't make me prick my finger because they new exactly who I was and wear I belonged. Another hunch that lead me to believe snow was rigging the reaping.

The escort went through the motions then stuck her arm in the giant fish bowl of the female names. I bet all those papers had my name on them. I hadn't told a single person about this hunch I had so nobody suspected anything.

"y/n l/n"

I sighed sarcastically and began to walk up to the stage. I knew this was going to happen. Finnick marched over to the escort and took the card out of her hands and took a look himself. He crumpled the card in his fist and threw it on the ground. I could tell he was blinking back tears as I walked up the steps of the stage. Finnick walked back to where he was standing and regained his composer. I also kept my composure plastering a big smile on my face to rub in the fact that I saw this coming, because I knew snow was watching.

The next tribute was called. Some 17 year old named Avon. He shook my hand then we went to the justice building. I didn't have any family left but finnick's family came to say goodbye.

We went to the train station after that. We left district 4 for the capital a moment later. As the minutes ticked by my face slowly fell. Finnick Avon the escort and I were all still standing in the main train car. I felt a tear slip down my cheek and I wiped it away as fast as it came. Avon tried to comfort me by putting his arm around me but I brushed his arm off of my shoulders and walked into finnick's open arms. Finnick had gotten taller over the last year. He was about 3 inches taller than me now. He wrapped his arms around me and held me tight. It had been months since we hugged.

I was past the point of self control and I looked up and kissed finnick. I wrapped my arms around his neck and we continued to kiss untill Avon interrupted us.

"I thought you guys broke up." He said looking annoyed at finnick.

"We were never really dating." I said as finnick and I let go of each other. Avon scoffed and left the room.

"I think he's a bit jealous." Finnick said smiling down at me.

"Well yea I mean look at you." I said jokingly.

"I was talking about you." He said looking down at me.

"I know." I said as I posed in my best capital model pose.

Our playful banter continued for a while until we were interrupted for lunch. We sat and ate in a cheery mood then went back to what we were doing before.

"Hey Avon do you want to play poker with us?" I asked him innocently and he joined finnick and I in the living room. There was a pile of clothes in the middle and finnick and I began layering the clothes on.

"Why are we putting on all these clothes?" Avon asked with a confused expression.

"It's strip poker. Whoever loses their shirt first loses the game. That's the way we play it anyway." Finnick answered.

"But what about y/n?" He asked politely.

"Don't worry I never lose my shirt." I answered.

"Never say never." Finnick whispered to Avon with a smirk on his face making Avon blush.

We began playing the game and the boys were losing layers fast. By the end of the game I was the only one with more than one layer. Finnick ended up losing. I'm sure he lost on purpose though.

Finnick took his shirt off and sent our escort into a fit of giggles. Avon was clearly uncomfortable but I was fine. Finnick began using sign language to talk to me so Avon wouldn't understand.

"Are you feeling better?" Finnick signed.

"If I'm being honest I saw this coming. Snow is punishing me." I signed back.

"For what?" He signed.

"I can't tell you. Im sorry." I signed.

"It's okay you don't have to tell me." He said out loud this time.

"What are you talking about?" Avon asked.

"We were just discussing how shredded finnick is." I said nonchalantly as a threw his shirt at him. He blushed then began chasing me.

"Your not getting away from that comment that easy you little flirt." He said chasing me around the room.

"Good looks aren't going to help you catch me!" I shouted back.

"I already stole your heart and you won't be able to live long without it. I suggest you come get it." Finnick shouted at me.

" Oh your gonna pay for that one odair!" I shouted at him trying not to laugh.

Finnick ran at me picking me up and throwing me on a couch. My ribs were aching from laughing so much and finnick collapsed on top of me so I couldn't get up off the couch.

"I haven't been this happy in forever." I said as we began to calm down.

"I missed your smile." Finnick said to me making me blush.

We got in a more comfortable position and cuddled a bit before we fell asleep on the couch. It had slipped my mind until now that finnick hadn't put his shirt on yet. I had taken off my extra layers and left them on the couch just beside where we were laying so I grabbed a cardigan and draped it over finnick.

We were shaken awake a few hours later for dinner. We ate and made friendly conversation than our escort insisted we have some 'quiet time' alone in our bedrooms on the train. Once I went to my room I started the shower. I spent about an hour in the shower just fiddling with the settings before I finally began washing my hair and body. I dried off with a setting on the shower that was like a jet of warm air coming out of the wall. I wrapped myself in a fluffy robe and climbed into my bed in just the robe.

Just as my eyes were about to close, my door opened and I saw finnick standing in the doorway in his pajamas.

"I came to get my goodnight kiss." He said as he entered my room. I climbed out of bed then remembered I was wearing nothing but a robe. I tightened the string around my waist and walked over to him.

"It's okay." He said to me as he leaned closer to me. He waited for me to kiss him knowing I was feeling a little nervous at the moment.

"Can I put some clothes on first?" I asked him.

"Shure." He said as he chuckled. I noticed the dimples in his cheeks. Man he was so cute sometimes.

I gathered some pajamas and changed in the bathroom. Once I came out of the bathroom I jumped into finnick's arms and kissed him. He lifted me off my feet and spun me around as we kissed.

"Have a good night." He said to me.

"Cuddles?" Was my reply.

It took him less than a second to run and jump on my bed. I joined him and we cuddled for a while when Avon showed up in the doorway.

"Night you two." He said annoyed as he left closing the door with him.

Finnick and I fell asleep but we're once again awoken this time for breakfast. We were told to get ready as we would arrive at the capital in less than an hour. Leave it to the capital to assume it took everyone an hour to put on a pair of pants.

I put on a pair of pants and a blouse but I was imedeately sent back and told to put on a dress by my escort. I didn't even know her name. I just assumed her name was escort because she never said it. I asked her and she said her name was Larina. I also asked her why we never new her name and she replied saying that district 4 wasn't worth knowing her name. It was at this moment that I decided I hated Larina. She was just another stuck up capital citizen who didn't care about anyone's life. I was glad finnick would be mentoring me most of the time because I could not stand Larina.