let the hunger games begin

Snow paid me another visit as I was getting ready for the interviews. I had received a 12 in training but I know that wasn't the score I earned. snow told me how I would need to act on stage which wasn't far off from my original plan. I was going to come off as desirable and sweet like an innocent girl. It wouldn't matter what I did in the games because first impressions last.

Snow had me wearing a white dress much like the one I wore at the parade. It didn't have a shell corset this time it was a chandelier like body chain that covered my front. My hair was pinned up in a crown braid again and this time it was filled with colorful shards of sea glass and glitter.

They put the biggest pair of false lashes on my eyes that I had ever seen, and white graphic liner. They put white paint under my eyes and glued larger rinestones on my cheeks. They put white acrylics on my nails and many large silver rings on my fingers. They pierced my ears and put in large dangling earrings in with chains that attached to the top of my ear as well.

I put on a pair of tall silver heels on and began walking in them to warm up my feet. As I walked around my entire outfit jingled. My heels clicked on the ground as the chains clinked against each other. I was by far the loudest person back stage and I wasn't even talking. Finnick came out to make Shure Avon and I were okay. When he saw me his jaw dropped. He walked over to me imedeately and just stared at me.

"Finnick close your mouth." I said as I rolled my eyes.

"You are the most beautiful girl in the entire world." He said as he inched forward. My heels allowed us to be the same height again and I smiled sweetly at his complimented.

"Snow made me wear this to look more desirable." I said backing up and looking down at my dress.

"It worked." Finnick said as he began checking me out.

"Finnick no one's watching. Come kiss me." I said as I stepped forward.

Finnick wrapped me in a hug and pressed his lips onto mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck and depend the kiss. Avon came by and broke us up because the other tributes we're beginning to exit their dressing rooms.

Quite a few of the other tributes noticed my overly extravagant outfit. I just turned and talked to Avon. Finnick had to leave for a few minutes while the interviews began.

Once it was my turn the doors opened and an eruption of cheers and shouting roared through the room. I waved and blew kisses to the crowd as I strut down to Cesar. I saw snow looking at me and I noded at him to let him know I remembered the plan.

I played up the act snow assigned me. Ceaser seemed to be having a good time so I made sure I looked like I was too.

"So y/n what's with this extravagant outfit this evening?" Cesar asked. Snow gave me the eye and I smiled.

"You know Cesar, I've never seen something so expensive in my entire life let alone wear it." I dodged the question not knowing how to answer it without giving away the fact that snow picked out my outfit. I couldn't make any lie convincing on the spot and that was one of my biggest weaknesses.

"Well I must say you look absolutely gorgeous this evening! Y/n l/n everybody!" He shouted into the microphone and I blew a kiss to the crowd then walked back. Before I walked through the door I turned my head and winked at the crowd then pushed both the doors opened at the same time and walked out Iike a diva. I walked over to finnick who was in my dressing room and began taking the shards of glass out of my hair.

"What was that?" Finnick asked with a smirk on his face as he leaned against the door frame.

"That was snow." I said with a grim look on my face.

"Even the wink at the end?"

"No that was for snow. The rest of it he forced me to do." I said smirking as I took my shoes off.

That night I was visited by snow once again. He told me I did a good job. I was getting more and more uncomfortable the more visits snow paid me. A piece of me was excited to be in the arena tomorrow so I would be away from snows cold presence. I reminded myself that just because I couldn't see snow doesn't mean he wasn't there. This sent chills down my spine as I rested my head on my pillow.

I couldn't fall asleep that that night for a while. I ended up going to avons room and talking with him since he would be accompanying me in the games tomorrow.

I went back to my room after giving Avon a long comforting hug. He seemed in need of the embrace and I wasn't wearing anything pokey so it was comfortable. I rested my head against the pillow again and I sank into a deep sleep.

Finnick woke me up the next morning by kissing me on the forehead. I ate a large breakfast that would hopefully last me half the day. I had a fast metabolism and it really was no help at all even before the games. Avon was also scarfing down a big breakfast full of lots of protein. I decided to eat a lot of vegetables because the carbohydrates would give me more energy over a longer period of time. It was a more direct source of energy than meat was. I remembered that from my biology class at school which was surprising because Finnick and I slept through that class every single day.

I was ushered to a room where I was put in my outfit for the games. Finnick came down with me along with my stylist while mags went with Avon. The outfit was a pair of black leggings that seemed to have some sort of insolation in them. Next was I tight long sleeve shirt made of the same material. For the shoes they gave me thick hiking boots with stakes in the bottom. The boots were lined with fur and laced up a few inches above the ankle. After that came a large fur coat that matched the boots. It was thick and restricted my movement which wasn't a good thing. I'd probably need to lose the coat before the bloodbath started. My stylist gave me a hair tie that I put around my wrist. Next I received fingerless gloves and a ear warmer. The ear warmer was just a soft piece of fabric they placed around my head. I was probably going to take it off and save it for an injury as it wasn't going to be much good to me if I'm fighting. A pair of goggles were placed on the ear warmer.

Finnick tied a belt over the coat around my waist then stood in front of me staring into my terrified eyes. He rested his hand on my cheek and kissed me softly. He pulled a bracelet out of his pocket and took my wrist. He rolled up my sleeve up so my bare wrist was showing and wrapped the bracelet around it. He pulled my sleeve back down. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him roughly. If this was the last time I was going to see finnick I wanted to mean something.

"Snow is going to everything in his power to take me out and I need you be ready to send me things from sponsors at all times." I reminded him. He nodded and I stepped away and over to the glass tube that would take me into the arena.

"Your going to survive this if it's the last thing I'm sure of" he assured me.

"I love you." I said as the glass tube closed. I was cut off at "l" but I hoped finnick understood what I was saying. As the platform began rising I crouched down so I could still see finnick. He had his hand on the glass as he watched me go up and into the arena.

60 seconds remaining.
I searched around for Avon.

50 seconds remaining.
He was seven tributes to the left of me.

40 seconds remaining.
I searched the terrain for a hiding place.

30 seconds remaining.
There was a tree line on one side.

20 seconds remaining.
The opposite side was an open tundra.

10 seconds remaining.
There was a snow capped mountain past the tree line.

5 seconds.
The tundra cut off at a cliff with ice below.

4 seconds.
The cornucopia didn't have a trident.

3 seconds.
Snow made sure it didn't on purpose.

2 seconds.
Forget the plan I'm going to the cornucopia.

1 second.
Take of your coat.

RUN!