days 1-4

I pulled my goggles down over my eyes and threw my coat off. I sprinted to the cornucopia and grabbed the closest thing to a trident that was there. A spear. I also grabbed rope and a few pickaxes and a belt of throwing knives. I had made it to the cornucopia faster than anyone else because I didn't have a heavy coat weighing me down but I was quickly becoming very cold. Snow knew I wasn't accustomed to cold weather being from district 4 so he must have chose where the games would take place. I ran past my post and snatched my coat then ran to the tree line. once I reached the tree line I stoped and put my belt of knives around my waist then put my coat back on. I strung the rope over my shoulder and hung the pickaxes on my belt. I left the spear in my hand and waited for Avon.

A few minutes later i saw him limping towards me and I ran to him. I wrapped his arm over my shoulder and took some of his weight as we walked back to the treeline.

"What happened to your leg?" I asked as I continued to pull him along through the woods.

"How did you know it was my leg?" Avon asked.

"Because your limping you idiot now answer my question." I said harshly. I was beyond stressed out at this point because I didn't want to lose Avon.

"I rolled my ankle." He said.

"You rolled your ankle?" I repeated sounding exasperated. I threw his arm off my shoulder and walked ahead a few paces then turned around. "Your such a baby. What did you do trip over somebody?" I asked mockingly.
Avons face went grim as he looked at me taking in what I said.

"Im sorry. Is it bad?" I asked now feeling sympathetic for his injury.

"No. It will be gone in a few hours. It's mostly the shoes fault." He said.

We trecked through the woods for the rest of the day. Avons ankle was still in pain because he had been on it all day so we decided to settle down for the night.

We build a teepee sort of thing with fallen pine tree branches. We covered it in leaves and mud mixed with pine needles then covered it in snow. Avon went inside but I continued to work on the little shelter. I may not know much about building but I know about how important insulation is when your in the ocean. It was even more important out here so I continued to layer on leaves mud and snow.

Once I covered the whole thing in another layer of snow I left to find some food. I went out a few yards I had the nives and spear with me and I left my coat at the entrance so it would look like an animal Incase someone found our shelter. I heard rustling and a pair of glowing eyes appeared. I pulled my goggles down to protect my eyes if I had to fight. Once I did that the goggles went into some sort of night mode and I could see just one lone wolf.

The wolf lunged at me grabbing onto my arm with it's mouth and thrashing around. I could feel it's teeth sink through my shirt and into my skin. It took more than just my will power to keep quiet. I stabbed the wolf in the neck and it went limp moments later. I felt blood trickle down my arm but when I checked, the blood was coming from the mouth of the wolf that was still hanging from my arm.

I knelt down and stuffed my ear warmer in my mouth to muffle whatever noises I was about to make.

I grabbed the wolves snout and wrenched it out of my arm. I grunted as I removed the teeth still stuck in my arm but it was muffled by the cloth in my mouth. I closed the wolves mouth and slung it over my uninjured arm. I trudged back to the shelter Avon and I built and crawled inside. I placed the wolf at the entrance to ward off any tributes than began pulling my biten arm out of my shirt.

I was going to press some snow on it to numb it up a little when there was a clunk outside the shelter. I grabbed the parachute with a bottle of rubbing alcohol and bandages attached and brought it inside the shelter.