when it all crashed

We had been home for a few days now but finnick and I didn't escape work at all. I was so busy managing modeling appointments that I hadn't even gotten a chance to visit the ocean. Finnick had to go back to the capitol in a few weeks so he was trying to make the most of being back home before he went back.

I had received a request to do a shoot on the beach of district 4 later today and I accepted fearing it might be my only chance to visit the ocean before I get called back to the capitol.

I changed into a tank top and black leggings and went to the justice building to meet the photographers. I shook their hands politely and showed them the way to the beach.

Once we got there they set up a changing tent and all there camera and light equipment. I went into the changing tent and put on the first outfit.

It was a pair of black dress pants and a shirt made out of crystals. I wasn't surprised when I made a ton of noise when I walked. The hair and makeup crew spared no expenses in making me look like a capitol citizen. From painting my face white to making my hair at least three feet longer than it was before.

I couldn't look at myself in the mirror after they finished. I walked out of the tent and onto the wet sand. I posed for the cameras until they were done with the outfit then I changed into like twenty others repeating the same process over and over.

Finnick came outside from his house and over to the shoot after a while and the photographers went ecstatic at the sight of the two capitol darlings in one place together.

They dragged finnick into the make shift wardrobe and dressed him in black dress pants and a white dress shirt that was half unbuttoned. He had it tucked into his pants. His sleeves were rolled up and his hair was Styled.

I was then dragged into the wardrobe and changed into a dress that blew in the wind. It had a gold lining but the rest was sheer gold tule. I had a corset wrapped around me made of pure gold. It was heavy and uncomfortable.

They put gold eyeshadow on my eyelids and put gold contacts in my eyes to give me an ethereal look.

When I walked out I saw finnick flirting with some of the female crew and all I could do was laugh. He had already started putting on his act.

We did what we were told, posing for the cameras. We knew snow would never let these photos get leaked because Finnick and I weren't supposed to be together. Once we were done we left the shoot in the close we came in. Both of us were now very wet and very cold as the sun had already set and the wind grew colder.

We walked into my house in victors village and were met with a farmiliar face. We closed the door and stared at president snow as he sipped a cup of tea.

"Do you know why I'm here?" He asked.

"No." I answered sarcastically.

"I told you to stay away from eachother so since you can't do that your work has been doubled." He said harshly.

"What is wrong with that sick little mind of yours that you think you can double my work load just because Finnick walked out his door." I said to him returning the harsh tone.

I stared into his cold eyes counting every blood vessel before I rose my hand and slapped him hard across the face. I went to the sink and washed my hands then called a peacekeeper out to collect the unconscious president.

"What happened to him?" The peacekeeper asked.

"He toed the line and he paid for it." I answered smartly as I took the tea cup off of the table and dumped it in the sink.

"Doesn't matter. We have to take you to the capitol right now." The peacekeeper said to me as he took firm grasp of my wrist.

I instinctively twisted my wrist and brought my knee up hearing a loud crunch and a scream of agony. Finnick took a pan and hit them over the head nocking them out cold.

We dragged the peacekeeper to the justice building where the unconscious president was being taken. We inched through the streets dragging the body that had to weigh a ton, behind us.

We entered the building and dropped the body by the door. The mayor came in and gasped at the bloody peacekeeper.

"They need medical attention." I said pointing at the peacekeeper behind me.

The mayor quickly ran to his office to make a phone call while finnick and I left the building. We made our way to visit mags after not seeing her for weeks. As we walked past the academy we saw many people we recognized running out.

We noticed hundreds of peacekeepers pouring flammable liquid all over the ground. They were coming out of the academy with there uniforms slightly singed from the fire they were starting.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I ran to the peacekeepers at the front of the academy entrance.

"The president said to burn the academy if you didn't comply quickly." They answered.

"Okay fine I comply now stop and go get the people out of there." I pleaded.

I looked around searching for all the people realizing at least half of the students were still in there. I tried to run at the entrance to go get them but someone stopped me.

"Let go of me." I said.

"No." Finnick replied, tightening his grip.

"People need saving finnick." I pleaded to him.

"Then we do it together. If you die I die with you. I can't live without you and I don't plan to anytime soon. I got lucky the first time." He said as he pulled me into a run.

"I love you finnick." I said breathlessly as we ran into the flames.

Finnick let go of my hand and we went through the empty halls searching for rooms of people. I was about to open a door when an explosion blew it open throwing me against the wall.

I staggered to get up but I managed to crawl on my hands and knees. I felt a searing pain in my arm that I recognized. I looked down and saw that I was back in the arena. I had the bite in my arm from the wolf. The wound was fresh again and dripping crimson liquid. I managed to get onto my feet and gripped my bleeding arm with the other trying to stem the bleeding. I ran through the woods as I heard howling. It almost sounded like human howling but only wolves howled.

I made it out of the forest and collapsed on the ground from exhaustion. The blood was dripping down my arm and onto my leg now. The wolf must have hit an important artery because I was loosing a ton of blood quickly.

I felt another hand come over my arm and pull the teeth out. I screamed loudly as I realized it wasn't teeth. I looked down and found I was in the yard of the academy and the person ontop of me was Finnick. I looked at my blood soaked arm and saw finnick pulling out a large piece of metal that must have come from the door that blew in my face. At the sight of the bone in my arm I turned my head and passed out.

The next thing I remember was being wheeled into a room and sedated. My arm was bare and the cut in my arm was open but it looked healthy. I must have been going in for stitches. I tried to catch the attention of the doctors before they stuck the sedative in my other arm but they just ignored me until I was no longer conscious.