days 13-16

We still had plenty of fish from a few days ago that we continued to eat for breakfast. After that we decided to go looking for the other tributes. It had been a few days of just the five of us so I assumed the two boys had an alliance. It was chilly today so we had our coats wrapped around us tightly. We split up and searched around.

I was next to the mountain when I little avalanche came down. I stuck my trident into the ground and held on so I wouldn't get buried. The avalanche only reached my knees but it was still a bit difficult to get out of. Once I was out of the snow I began climbing up the ice on the rocks with my pickaxes and rope. The spikes on the bottoms of my shoes were very helpful in keeping my balance as I climbed. I figured I wasn't the only one to make this journey up the mountain because there was dried blood on the ice and rocks beside me. I wonder if someone slipped while climbing and cut themselves. It was probably the kid that got killed by an avalanche days ago.

As I was climbing I felt I vibration under my feet and gripped my pickaxes tighter. Seconds later it felt like tiny nives brushing over my bare skin as an avalanche cascaded over me. I took a risk in removing my hand from one of the axes to put my goggles over my eyes but it was worth it.

The avalanche finished cascading over me and I resumed climbing. I was still bad at climbing. I continued to feel rumbles in the mountain and would get dusted with snow continually throughout my climb. I started my climb this morning but it was already getting dark. I continued to climb through the dark with the help of my glasses.

My arms were exhausted and I was starving but I continued to climb as it was the only way to get anywhere. What felt like forever later I found a suitable ledge to rest on for the night. The boy knew I was climbing the mountain so they were aware that I may be gone for a while.

I looked over the arena and noticed how calm and beautiful it was. The trees were green and tall and the sky was full of stars. Finnick and I used to star gaze on the beach. It was definitely warmer on the beach than on a  snowy mountain but the sky was mostly the same. I stuck my pickaxe in a rock and tied a rope to it then around me so if I fell I wouldn't fall to my death. I put my hands in my pockets and laid there for the rest of the night looking at the stars.

I woke up the next morning covered in snow and still tied to the rock. I carefully did some stretching before I began climbing again. It wasn't any different today. I continued to get blown by avalanche after avalanche and it was getting old. I don't think this many avalanches in a row is normal but I carried on. I was starving and the only reason I was still able to climb was because I was eating the snow. At one point I came across a little tuft of flowers and grass. O tore it out of the ground and ate it. It wouldn't do much but it would hopefully help my hunger for the time being. My hands were beginning to blister from constantly gripping onto the ice and pickaxes.

I nearly slipped as I sneezed and the rocks in front of me were sprayed with blood. I spit to make sure it wasn't coming from my mouth. I felt hot thick blood run down my face as I continued to climb. My nose was bleeding badly. I had some old bandage in my coat pocket that I stuffed up my nose but it was still bleeding. If I couldn't make it stop soon I would pass out.

I reached a flat ledge of the mountain and rested there. I tried to pull out the cloth stuck up my nose but it stung as I made my first attempt. It was blizzard like up here and I could barely see the arena anymore. I wonder if Avon and Parker were looking for me. If it took me two days to get to this point I wonder how long it would take them. I began snacking on my only source of food which was snow and a bit of grass.

There was faint rustling behind me and I pulled out my trident and stood at the ready. I still had my goggles on but they did nothing when It came to seeing past my outstretched hands. Suddenly a knife swung at me and I dodged it barely. I swung my trident and it collided with a body nocking it down. I pounced on the body and got a better look at the figure. I didn't recognize the boy so I stuck my trident against his neck.