blue as the sky

As I walked out onto the stage the crowd awwed at me. It nearly brought me to tears remembering the last time I was here I had Avon with me back stage.

Cesar flickerman held out his hand and I took it graciously. He twirled me around to show off my dress and hair. My hair wasn't in the usual crowd braid. This time it was in a half up half down style with the ends curled. My dress was a long and heavy baby blue color without any shoulders. I noticed it had a train when invisible fans blew it majestically as I spun. There was a dark blue sash round my waist that excentuated my impossibly thin waist. That just made me want to eat everything I could get my hands on because I still hadn't been fed yet. As I swayed after the spin I noticed the bottom of my dress was covered in sparkles that dazzled in the production lights of the stage.

I sat down on a single white chair as Cesar began flipping through photos captured from the games. I book of the best moments for the capital and a book of horrors for me.

I must have been given a pill or some medicine that kept me awake because if they hadn't I would have fallen asleep as I walked out.

Cesar began showing pictures of me and avon and I froze as he and the crowd interacted. He played back a compilation of all the hugs and kisses we shared in the arena.

"Oh and heres the kiss isn't it sweet. so sad to see him go we always love to see romance in the games." Cesar droned on paying no mind to my shivering figure.

It was warm in the room but I felt cold as ice as Cesar talked. He tried to get my attention but it was clear I wouldn't be responding to anyone anytime soon.

Cesar continued on until the clips were over and I was sent out. I was dragged by peacekeepers into my dressing room and strapped to a chair. Snow followed shortly to pay me a visit. Finnick was in the room standing alongside president snow.

"You put on quite the show with that Avon kid but your not done yet." Snow said calmly.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I seethed.

"When a tribute is desirable-"

"NO!" I screamed and continued to scream until someone put Chloroform over my mouth. I gasped but didn't pass out.

"You will be asleep in a few short minutes so I suggest you listen." Snow began again. "Like I said when a tribute is desirable, we sell them to capital citizens."

"That's rape!" I seethed again as I struggled to keep my eyes open.

"We're selling your body for something else. You will be sold to capitol designers to model their clothing and accessories." Snow finished.

"Fine." I said before I went out.

I awoke in a bed I recognized. It was the one from the tribute apartments. I jumped out of bed and dressed myself in a pair of black jeans and a sweater. I ran out of the room with a mischievous glint in my eyes as they landed on the food table.

I dived into a plate covered in fruit eating the entire thing then moving on to a player of delicate scones. Once I filled myself to capacity I ran to the elevator. I felt alive again for the first time in what felt like my entire life. I ran out of the tribute tower and ran all the way to snows mansion without any shoes on.

I was being chased by peacekeepers and cars and even capitol citizens trying to get a good look at me up close. I ran shoulder first into snows front door and it burst open. I saw him up the stairs and imedeately began my deadly persuit of the president.

As I chased him I grabbed everything i could break and threw it on the ground, trashing his pristine, white, house. A few peacekeepers we're in my way but they sidestepped me knowing I could do far worse damage to them. I heard a drone sound following me and I swung at it, mindlessly breaking it into thousands of pieces.

I ran through every room trying to find president snow but I never did. I ran out of the house and searched the outside only to see snow in a getaway car leaving. I sprinted after it leaping onto the back of the van. I climbed ontop and slammed my elbow into the roof window shattering both it and my elbow.

I dropped into the car and began choking snow before I felt a stab into my neck and I released the president.

I awoke again in the tribute tower but I had no sign of a broken elbow. I ran out putting on jeans and a sweater then arriving at breakfast frantically.

"Did I break into the presidents mansion and try and kill him?" I asked as I slammed my hands on the table."

"No but it certainly sounds like you." Larina pipped.

"It was just a dream." I whispered to myself as I fell into a seat next to Finnick.

As I ate I began to sweat profusely and I went to change into a tank top and shorts. I returned to the table and realized the rest of my group was in sweaters with thick boots on.

"Why is everyone dressed like its winter?" I asked as I poured myself a tall glass of ice water.

"Well it's 56 degrees I here. We thought it might help you adjust back to reality if we had it cold to start." Finnick said.

The door opened a moment later and a girl with short brown hair walked in.

"Johanna Mason, it's really cold in here how are you dressed like that?" The girl asked.

She was hardly older than me and Finnick and looked like she could kill three grown men without breaking a sweat.

"I spent three weeks in below freezing weather." I answered timidly as she pat me on the back.

"Great, well I'm here in the capitol if you ever need a female to talk to that isn't obsessed with you." She said as she snatched an apple of the table and made her way to the elevator.

"Good to know." I mumbled.

I turned to finnick and he looked away from me with a frown on his face. I got up noticing finnick must still have been upset with me and left the table. I started the shower once I got to my room and got in.

I laid in the massive shower letting the water run over me like and avalanche as I fell into the memory. My eyes widened when I began seeing real snow burying me. I stood up and screamed as I burst out of the shower and wrapped myself in a robe. I shut off the water and ran out of the steamy room only to be stung with the needles of the chilly apartment. I fell onto my bed and sobbed when two warm hands wrapped around me and pulled me close.

My first thought was Finnick. He had comforted me like this before and I was reminded of the time before the games when Avon was there too. I sobbed even more into his shoulder getting him all wet but I knew he wouldn't care.

"I'm sorry." I said between sobs.

"It's not your fault." Finnick comforted me.

"I want him, Finnick. I miss him so much." I said after a few seconds.

"I miss him too." He replied. It didn't sound like a lie as I had thought. He really did miss Avon after only knowing him for a week. I smiled at this and backed away slightly cupping finnicks face with my hands.

"I need you more." I said as I pulled his face to mine and kissed him. his arms returned to wrap around my back and we moved into a hugging position.

"Your my world Y/n." He said as he rocked me back and forth rubbing my back. I sniffled as I buried my head in his shoulder. He laughed before he began drawing patterns on my back to soothe me.

We stayed like this for what felt like an endless amount of time as all my good memories resurfaced. The ones of finnick and I were the only happy ones I had. I remembered my father too. I cried happy tears as finnick continued to rock me back and fourth.

"Can we turn the air conditioning off now?" Finnick asked jokingly a little while later.

"Please." I answered returning his smile.