𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄
        Part 1
A/N
JUST BEFORE WE START I WANNA LET YOU GUYS KNOW IVE AGED EVERYONE UP TWO YEARS BECAUSE EVEN THOUGH IM 13 AND HAVE DONE ALL OF THESE THINGS MYSELF I DONT WANT TO WRITE ABOUT 13 YEAR OLDS DOING THIS STUFF LOL SO ROBIN FINNEY Y/N AND ALL THAT ARE 15.
𝗬/𝗡'𝗦 𝗣𝗢𝗩:
The dance is in 3 hours. I sit in my room, looking at myself through my mirror. I'm currently just in my outfit from the school day, a white crop top and joggers with a jacket, just a standard outfit. My dress for the dance is hung up on the back of my door and it looks beautiful, it is beautiful. Im meant to get ready, take a picture or two here with vance ig because my mum doesn't really give a fuck. Then vance is going to take me to robins because mrs arellano is more like my mum than my actual mother is right now, and then she will take us to the dance after taking some pictures and whatnot. Ever since the whole fight my mums been weird with me, i think i know why though. She expected the old me when i came back after over a year of torture with my dads bullshit that she did nothing about, when she saw that i had changed into this new person, she didn't like it. It wasn't the daughter she knew so she decided it wouldn't be her daughter at all, maybe she thinks that if she pretends she doesn't know this version of me, it will go away and the old me will come back. But i've grown up and i've matured, i was forced to mature when this 'happy family' started falling apart. I learnt how to cope with how fucked up we all were, but my mum didn't, instead she learnt how to ignore it, like it wasn't there, like it didn't exist. She left her children to deal with the shit she couldn't, she left me to deal with our father because she couldn't, maybe she just didn't want too or she actually couldn't, either way, it was a real coward move. She was absent for the remainder of vances teen years, he had to teach himself how to grow up, but you make a teen with anger issues who doesn't know how to express himself on his own learn how to survive by himself, it won't work well. It definitely didn't work well for vance. He started getting in more fights, he lost a lot of friends, he got arrested for his first time, and then it became regular. I just wish mum was there for him, he needed her and she wasn't there. Even better, I wish i could of been there for him, he always protected me and at the time he needed a sister most, i was a 17 fucking hour drive away, he couldn't drive at that time and like i said, he lost a lot of friends, including ones that used to drive him around, so he had no way of getting to me and i had no way of getting to him. It didn't help that our parents cut all contact between us, we couldn't even talk for 5 minutes on the phone, it was hell. I'm just sorry that vance had to go through it on his own. That's when he started smoking, i don't know if it was an attempt to get it all to go away, or even just a distraction for a bit, but he still does it. once he started he just couldn't stop. His only friends he really had was the people he bought weed from to be honest, and he only ever spoke to them either when buying or when smoking with him, i can't imagine how lonely he was. I sit feeling guilty as i look down at my lap, thinking off what vance needed, who he needed when i'm interrupted by a knock on my bedroom door.
"Come in" I shout to the person on the other side. Vance walks in and looks at my dress on the back of the door.
"You better be wearing a fucking jacket with that" He scowls, making me laugh at how overprotective he can get sometimes, but i love him for it.
"Shutup" I giggle and he smiles at seeing my face, "What are you smiling at?"
"Nothing im just happy you're back y/n, y'know it was really shit here without you"
I smile at his comment, but upon looking at him it slowly fades, i can see the sad look in his eyes behind his smile, he's hurt. I stand up from my bed and walk over to him, wrapping him in a hug. He doesn't really like psychical contact, so i'm not shocked when he doesn't return the gesture immediately. After a second or two though, i feel his warmth wrap back around me and his hair dangle in my face as he hugs me back.
"Me too, and i'm never going again. Im staying here, for good. I dont want you to feel like i'm pitying you or anything like that but i can't imagine how you felt and i'm just sorry vance, i'm sorry i wasn't here for you.." I feel a small tear roll down my cheek as guilt washes over me, he's such a good person but everyone looks at him as if he's some monster, and if only i was here to save him from the shit he had to make his own way through, or atleast help him to make it through, maybe they'd look at him differently, maybe they'd see the good in him.
"Hey dont be sorry it wasn't your fault you couldn't do shit, and plus i'm the one that should of been there for you. You're my little sister y/n and i let dad take you, even though i knew what would happen, all because i was too scared to stand up to him. I used to be scared to hit him because i knew he would hit back harder, but after what he did to you, i would hit that fucker in a heartbeat now. I'm meant to protect you y/n, and i will protect you until i die. There will not be a day in my life where i choose someone else over you, you are my priority and i will be there for you no matter what fucked up shit is happening in our crazy lives, i mean hey we may be fucked up, but we'll be fucked up together." He comforts me, making a few more tears roll down my cheeks at his sad confession.
"I'm just sorry.." I whisper
"Dont be. You dont have to worry about anything y/n, you just be the happy kid you're meant to be, alright?" He asks, continuing to reassure me
"Okay.." I reluctantly reply, sniffling slightly.
He releases me from the hug and i wipe my face with my jacket sleeve, laughing at the crying mess i am, causing him to laugh slightly too.
"Now you get ready for the dance, i want you to have a good time tonight not be sad over me." He looks down at me and i nod sadly. He walks out of the room, leaving my door wide open.
"You could atleast shut the door!" I shout after him.
"I'm gonna be making sure you have a jacket on with that dress!" He shouts back, making me roll my eyes and chuckle lightly. Such a dickhead. I huff, deciding i need to actually move and get ready now. I decide to have a quick shower first, just to get rid of any makeup from the day and to just freshen up my skin a bit before i smother it in makeup. After about 5 minutes in the shower, i get out, squeezing my hair with a towel and walking back to my room in my dressing gown. I sit down at my desk and plug in my hairdryer, brushing through my hair and drying it. Once it's completely dry, i swap the hair dryer for my straighteners, laying it down on the desk while it heats up. I spray heat protection into my hair to avoid any future damage and start straightening. It only takes me about ten minutes, giving me plenty of time for my makeup and to get changed. I walk over to my shelves and grab my makeup bag, bringing it back to my desk and sitting down again. I apply some primer, then foundation, blend it in, then concealer, blend, then i do my bronzer, blend, then highlighter, blend. I then choose a nude eyeshadow that should draw just the right amount of attention to my eyes with its shimmer. I add it and then add a darker brown to create a smoky eye look, making sure it's a nice blend before moving onto my eyebrows. I just add a dark brown powder to fill them in properly, brushing it through and then concealing the underneath and top of each brow. I then add a small eyeliner wing before putting a small layer of mascara on that will just be the base of my lashes. I choose a nice pair of false lashes that aren't subtle but not too dramatic, i dont want any spider lashes being the focus of my look. I stick them on, making sure they aren't loose or wonky. Once i'm satisfied, i just add a light gloss to my lips, and my makeup done. I check the time on my alarm clock, the dance starts at 8, it's 5:55 now, we are wanted  to be at robins for half 6 so we have time for family pictures and to just talk without us being in a rush. I walk over to the back of the door, carefully unhooking the dress from the back of the door and pulling it off of its hanger. I swap from this outfit to the dress, and take my jewellery off to replace it with some nicer stuff. I get a pair of medium-sized silver hoops, a few silver rings, a sliver pandora bracelet, and finally, the necklace robin gave me. I put it all on before walking over to the mirror and examining myself in it. Damn, I look hot. I go back to the bathroom and brush my teeth quickly just to be safe, before running back in my room and grabbing a pair of black heels from my closet. I put the heels on in my room, making sure i can walk in them without decking it before walking downstairs. Vance is waiting on the couch in the front room, his head snaps around to look at me when he hears me walk in.
"Wheres your jacket" He scowls sarcastically and i roll my eyes, making him laugh, "seriously though you look nice y/n"
"Thanks vance"
"I still think you should go get a jacket" He jokes as we walk out of the house and to vances car.
"Oh my god can you not"
"What? It's cold outside!"
"Shutup!" I groan as i crawl into the car.
We joke about as we drive to the arellano household, i pick my polaroid camera up that i brought with me and lean towards vance, holding the camera up in the air pointing to us. He keeps his eyes on the road, not noticing until the flash from the camera beams at him. The paper comes out from the other side and he cusses me out for it as i laugh, waving the picture in my hand so it will develop faster. Once it's developed fully, i look at it for a second and smile before putting it in the small black bag i brought with me, making sure vance doesn't see the contents of the bag. We pull up to robins house and i get out, grabbing my bag and walking to the door. I turn around and vance is still sat in the car, i scowl at him confused and he returns the gesture.
"What are you doing? Get out" I shout to him
"What?"
"Get out of the car dumbass they wanted you to come as well"
"Oh erm right then" He gets out of the car and walks up to the door with me, standing there awkwardly as i knock on the door. Vance never really got invited to peoples houses, see every parent in north denver knew vance for his bad reputation, so they never wanted him any where their house or their children, because they are all judging pricks. I can tell vance feels unsure of what to do, making me giggle.
"What?" He mutters to me
"Nothing just calm down it's literally gonna be fine chill" I mutter back.
"I am fucking cal-" He goes to protest but quickly shuts his mouth as Camilla opens the door.
"Hola! Come in come in you two must be freezing, especially you y/n, no jacket?" She asks
"I tried to tell her" Vance shakes his head and so does Camilla.
"Teenage girls, always have to be half naked" She laughs and so does vance, i feel my face become hot and red at the comment, jesus christ.
Camilla laughs one more time before gesturing us in, we walk in after her and follow her through to the kitchen where El, Diego, Robins uncle Diego, and Robin are all sat at the table talking. The whole Diego and Diego might be confusing for you so we are gonna have little diego (robins brother) and diego (robins uncle.) When we walk in, everyone's heads snaps to us and everyone quietens down. Robins uncle Diego stands up and greets me since we've never met before.
"Hola, you must be the famous y/n, so nice to meet you" He smiles at me and i smile back.
"Haha yeah that's me, i don't know about famous though?" We both laugh, "But it's very nice to meet you too thank you."
He then walks over and greets vance, they shake hands and he gestures vance to sit down at the table with him and so he does. El stands up and hugs me.
"Y/n you look so good! Why are you with my brother, you could do better" She jokes and Camila scolds her, making us both laugh.
"Thanks El" I say before coming close to her ear and whispering so nobody else hears, "And your brothers a very good kisser, he does this really cool thing with his tongue where he-"
"Ew I don't wanna know about that y/n!" She scrunches her face up in disgust and pushes me away lightly, making me giggle.
Little Diego then stands up and walks over to me, poking my arm to get my attention. I crouch down do im at his level and he smiles at me.
"You look very pretty y/n, i wish i could take you to the dance" He says innocently, looking down at the floor when he says the last part.
"Awh thank you Diego, i'll tell you what, one day if i come here again, us two can have our own little dance okay?" I smile at him, his face lights up at the suggestion.
"Yes please!"
"Great, it's a date" I smile at him and he smiles back before waddling back to his seat. I've greeted all of his family now, my mind now switching to robin. I turn to look at him, and he's just staring at me, holding his head up with his hand and a smile on his face. When he realises i'm looking at him, he stands up and walks over to me, whispering in my ear.
"You look fucking gorgeous amor, also i'm whispering so your brother doesn't behead me before the dance, then i'd have no chance of seeing that beautiful dress in action."
I giggle and whisper back.
"Thank you robin, don't worry i wont let that happen, don't want your suit getting ruined do we?" I tease.
"So you care about the suit and not me? Wow, and i thought we had something special" He jokes, i giggle slightly before whispering to him one last time.
"You look fine as hell robin."
A smile appears on his face, i smile back before my attention goes to vance and his comment.
"You two better cut out the whispering" He warns us
"They're probably talking about how much they want to kiss each other" El rolls her eyes
"They better not be!" Vance scowls, El chuckles, making him look at her. He smiles at her and she smirks back. Me and robin share a look before laughing quietly so our siblings don't kill us.
"Enough chit chat guys i want some photos!" Camilla claps her hands together and ushers us all to the front room. She takes out a polaroid camera and tells me and robin to stand together, everyone stands behind camilla as she snaps a few photos of us, robins hand around my waist in all of them. In one i kiss his cheek and the fact i kissed him in front of his family takes him off guard, i see his face go red and camilla snaps a picture just in time, making us all laugh. Me and robin stay where we are, and El, Little Diego and Vance all join the picture. After a few photos of the five of us, Camilla and Diego rush over. Diego takes the camera as he's the tallest and holds in in the air, getting us all in the picture. We all smile, except from little Diego who sticks his tongue out, and the picture is taken. Once they have all developed, we check them, cooing over how adorable some are.
"Look how red you went" I taunt robin with the picture of me kissing his cheek
"Shutup you caught me off guard!"
"Robin arellano blushing over me, i'm flattered really"
"Shutup or i'll kiss you in front of vance, you know that wont go well" He threatens
"Okay okay i'll be quiet" I shutup and robin laughs.
After a bit more talking, it's time to go to the dance. Me, robin, and Vance all climb in the back of the car while Camilla and El get in the front. Vance puts little Diego on his knee as there's no more seats left and Diego decides to just stay behind as he will be picking me and robin up later. After a bit of driving and laughing, we get to the school, the dance is just being held in the gym so it's nothing special. We all get out of the car and camilla snaps one last photo of me and robin before we go in.
"Have a good time guys!" Camilla shouts after us
"Yeah and no funny business!" Vance shouts as well, i turn around and roll my eyes at him, making the group laugh.

A/N
CUTE CUTE CUTE
OMG ALSO LITTLE DIEGO AWH BLESS HIS SOUL I LOVE WRITING HIM SO MUCH
SO THE PLOT IS SOON AND PLEASE DONT HATE ME FOR IT
THANK YOU FOR ALL THE LOVE AND SUPPORT ALSO IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS JUST LMK IN THE COMMENTS :)