𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

𝗬/𝗡'𝗦 𝗣𝗢𝗩:
I feel like ive just been sucker punched in the gut. My throat thickens and my chest becomes heavy, each inhale compressing tightly against my skin. The phone trembles against my ear, my hands shaky.
"Vance?"
Robins head snaps up to me at this. I eagerly wait for a response, longing to hear my brother's voice.
"Hey shithead" He chuckles carelessly.
Tears start to spill from my eyes, a shaky gasp escapes my lips, my eyes widened as my body jolts out of excitement.
"You're okay?" I exclaim, "I knew you weren't dead, where are you im coming to find you."
No response.
"Vance? Where are you?"
"I died, y/n." He mutters. "Im sorry, i tried to fight for you but i couldnt. But you can. You can fight."
"No. How would i be speaking to you if you were dead, you're not dead so dont say that."
"Listen, i dont know how im speaking to you i have no fucking clue how any of this is possible!"
"Stop it vance this isnt funny."
"Im not joking y/n." He affirms coldly.
My heart viciously bangs against my chest and i extend my arm out to reach the phone box, gripping onto it firmly to give me support as my legs begin to give in. I inhale slowly with shaky breath as the tears start silently again.
"Oi, dont you start getting emotional on me fuckface, i need you to be strong for me in here, or you're never getting out."
"What did he do?" I quietly sob, "What did he do to you vance?"
"No, you've wasted enough time worrying about me, its time to focus on you now, you're getting out of here." He scolds, I sob helplessly. "Please don't cry y/n."
"But why? Why did it have to be you? And why now? And-" I cant continue, my sobbing becomes to much. I give myself a minute to compose myself before carrying on. "All i need to know is why."
"Everything happens for a reason."
"Everything happens for a reason?" I feel anger start to boil within me. I loudly wail a pained cry, "Then what was the reason vance? Hmm? What the fuck was the reason for all of this? There is none!"
"Grief is the price we pay for love y/n."
With the emotional wreck i am right now, all i can do is sob.
"Im sorry" I cry.
"Its okay."
"No its not, Im so sorry" I continue to sob, " I let you down, and im so sorry vance. Its all my fault, you were only there to get me from some stupid dance and he- he did that shit to you because i tried to get you out and failed, if i didnt fuck up youd still be alive."
"Shh its okay, im safe now, and it is not your fault, okay? Dont you say that. "
My lips tightly press together as i attempt to stop my cries.
"Did you hear me? Its not your fault y/n."
"I was so close" I ignore his assurances , "I was so close and I- I let you go, i was so worried that you wouldnt be strong enough to fight it, when really i was the one who wasnt strong enough." My sobs continue, "Your my brother, and i just let you go, i gave up fighting and ill never forgive myself for it, i- ill hate myself for it until the day i die. Im so sorry vance."
Robin stands silently observing, his eyes downturned sympathetically.
Vance sighs, "We're done here. Let me know when you're ready to listen to what i have to tell you. Give arellano the phone."
"What?" I scowl, "No you- you can't just leave me!
"Y/n, this might be the last time we talk, please dont turn our last moment into a fight."
"You're not leaving me!"
"Give him the fucking phone, now." I can practically hear his teeth grinding against each other.
I sob and reluctantly hold the phone out to robin, he slowly takes it off me and holds it to his ear confused.
𝗥𝗢𝗕𝗜𝗡𝗦'𝗦 𝗣𝗢𝗩:
"Well dont just stand there, are you gonna help me get my sister out or not?" Vance snapped.
Although taken aback, i mumble into the phone, "i dont know if she wants to get out."
"Well you're gonna fucking get her out or ill come back from the dead just to beat your ass, okay?"
"Okay." i scowl, hearing y/ns faint sobs in the background.
"Heres what you're gonna do, you're gonna fill the phone with dirt and completely snap the phone cable, then position one of you hiding behind the door with the phone, once you're both in position, you're gonna lure that fucker down there i dont care how, when he comes down make sure hes fully in the room, then the person with the phone is gonna hit that son of a bitch over the head with it, and then, well you get the gist, once you think hes down for good though you have to make a run for it, dont stay to check if hes dead you just get the fuck out of there, okay?"
"Got it." I nod
"Give y/n the phone back, once we are done talking tell her the plan."
"Okay."
"Im counting on you arellano, ill be watching. Now give her the phone."
I pass the phone back to y/n and she weakly takes it.
𝗬/𝗡'𝗦 𝗣𝗢𝗩:
My trembling hand pulls the phone back towards my ear.
"Sorry for shouting kid" Vance apologises softly
"Its okay" I weakly sob
"Your getting out, okay?"
"I cant do this without you vance" I shake my head
"Yes you can, trust me, have i ever let you down?"
"No."
"Exactly, how many times have i been there for you when you needed it? When you've cried ive wiped away all of your tears. You were young and scared, and when you screamed i would fight away all of your fears. I've held your hands through all these years y/n, you seriously think im gonna let you get hurt now?"
"You're right" I exhale, too tired to fight him anymore.
"I always am" He laughs, "Now robins gonna tell you the plan now, okay?"
I turn to robin and sigh, "Whats the plan?
Robin starts to repeat the plan to me. Once finished i pull the phone back to my ear.
"Youve got it, now fill the phone with dirt like i told you to." Vance orders
"Will i still be able to talk with you?" I worry.
"This is the only call y/n, its all you two from here on out."
"Please dont leave me, i need you."I beg, distressed sobs uncontrollably escaping from my lips.
"Your gonna be okay kiddo." He reassures.
"I miss you" I shakily cry
"Then get out for me, use what i gave you."
"We will."
He sadly sighs,
"I love you kid."
"I love you too vance." I sob, my emotions out of control.
"See you in the next life dumbass." I can feel his warmth next to me, almost if he were actually here next to me. He'd have me in a headlock, ruffling my hair while smiling to himself. The phone line goes silent, hes gone. I reluctantly hang up the phone, feeling sick to my stomach. All the emotions clouding my head start to come up, i rush around the corner to the bathroom, collapsing over the toilet and throwing all my feelings up. Robin comes behind me and sweeps my hair up out of the way, kneeling next to me and rubbing my back gently.
"It's okay, it's okay." Robin soothes me as i continue to be sick.
Once everything's out of my system, we go over the plan once more, Robin fights, i distract. We do a practice run, everything goes smoothly.
"You ready?" He asks, i take a deep breath.
"No, but we dont really have a choice." I admit. "Before we do this, i love you."
"I love you too amor, we're getting out."
I nod, biting my lip anxiously. Robin pulls me in and we share one final kiss, its all the comfort ive needed. I pull away slowly, looking him in the eyes. Hes worried, i can tell, but i know he'll be okay, ill make sure of it.

𝗜𝗠 𝗔𝗕𝗢𝗨𝗧 𝗧𝗢 𝗕𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗞 𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗠𝗙𝗦 𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗦 𝗔𝗛𝗔𝗛𝗔𝗛𝗔𝗛𝗔𝗛𝗔𝗛𝗔𝗛𝗔𝗛𝗔
𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘 𝗨 𝗚𝗨𝗬𝗦 𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗨𝗚𝗛 𝗫𝗫𝗫
𝗽.𝘀. 𝗽𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗽 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗺𝗲 𝗴𝘂𝘆𝘀 𝗶 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝘁 𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗿𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗶𝘁😑