𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊

𝗬/𝗡'𝗦 𝗣𝗢𝗩:
I clutch tightly onto robins hand with one of my hands as he leads me about, using the other to hold his jacket around my body. We check the two different school parking lots which takes about 10 minutes, no sign of vance.
"He's probably at mine lets just go back now-"
"No!" I cut him off, "We have to keep looking robin!"
"Y/n you look freezing amor i dont want you getting ill.." He tries to protest
"I don't care i'm not going back until i find something that could point towards where he is! I'm not abandoning my brother, what if he needs me!" I look up at him, he looks back down at me sympathetically, i stare him out until he gives in.
"Fine, come on then let's check surrounding streets" He sighs
"Thank you.." I mumble as i keep an eyes out.
We check about 8 streets and there's still no sign of vance, we are halfway to robins by now but i can't go back, if something happened to vance i'd never forgive myself. He always protects me, i can't give up the one time he might need me, what kind of a shitty sister would i be? We walk and in the distance i spot a familiar blue car with the roof down. I keep walking towards it, checking to see if the registration plate is familiar before getting my hopes up. When i realise it matches vances exactly, i immediately let go off robins hand and sprint towards it. I lean over into the car, no sign of anyone being here. I walk around to the drivers side to inspect it, robin catches up after running after me.
I feel my knees give in and my breath get hitched in my throat as i notice the blood splatters on the unlocked car door that drip onto the floor into the puddle of blood forming. Tears sting at my eyes but don't fall, i collapse to the ground on my knees and try to steady my breathing. I see a small wallet submerged in the puddle, i don't hesitate to reach in and grab it, flipping it open quickly. A polaroid of me and vance at the GrabNGo with big smiles on our faces sticks out of one of the pockets, i remember taking that photo.
*FLASHBACK*
"Holy shit you're gonna beat your score!" One of vances friends exclaims while slurping his slushy loudly
"Course i am shithead, i said i would" Vance retorts
"Now shutup you're gonna distract him and stop drinking so fucking loud it's giving me a migraine" I groan, the boy just shrugs and carries on drinking, i roll my eyes and go back to watching vances game. The ball flies up and down then back up again, all of our eyes following it.
"Holy shit!" I shout
"I did it!" Vance turns to me with a massive smile
"You did it!" I hug him tightly, he laughs and hugs me back for a second before pushing me gently off. I grab my polaroid camera out of my bag and put it in the air, smiling widely at the lens as vance does aswell, god my big brothers cool. I wanna be more like him.
"Dude you gotta teach me how to play as good as you!" I smile as i fall back against the wall i was leaning against before.
"Yeah i will, when your older though i dont want you beating me at pinball yet" He laughs
"Promise?" I hold out my pinky too him
"I promise" He smiles and ruffles my hair, shoving my hand away,making me laugh aswell.
*END OF FLASHBACK*
The tears that gathered in my eyes start spilling all too soon, i suddenly cant breath, and the world feels like it's spinning. I'm gasping for air but nothings entering my lungs, my stomach churns and my head spins frantically as i stare at the picture.
"Y/n? Y/n!" I hear robins voice echo in the background of the rings invading my ears, my entire body becomes heavy so i put my hands down on the floor quickly to support my weight. Sobs escape my mouth as i bring the wallet close to me, clutching it to my chest. I've never felt like this before, i feel like i'm drowning, not able to catch a single breath. Underneath the car, i catch a glimpse of what looks like a magicians hat, confused and overwhelmed, i reach under and pull it out. Suddenly it all makes sense, the hat, the van, the whole magician act, it's the fucking grabber. I feel as if i'm going to puke, the realisation of the moment sickening me to my stomach.
"No... No no no!" I cry out into the cold night sky, robin quickly crouches beside me at seeing the mess i've become, he grabs me in his arms and pulls me into him, holding me tightly. "He cant of- no he, he, no!" I sob, not making much sense. Robin supports the back off my head as i cry into his shoulder
"Please no, no im begging you please don't take him away from me" I cry out into the stars above me, hoping that somewhere there's a god listening to this who can give me my brother back. "Please don't do this to me!"
"It's okay y/n, we just need to go get help, let's go get help" Robin tries to convince me but i don't move, because i physically can't. My entire body is frozen to its core, too weak to move. The ringing in my ears starts again and everything becomes blurry, i see a car pull up to the side of us with two adults in it, one of the adults stick head out and shouts something, "What are you doing? We were getting worried so we came looking for you, wheres vance?"
Robin runs over in a panic, "Mom help!" he shouts.
Next thing i know people are rushing to my side as i cry into my knees, wishing this wasn't real, that it's just a dream. I hear them gasp at the scene and mutter something to each other before crouching down beside me, they speak to me but none of it registers. "Y/n? Y/n can you hear me?", I just stay staring blankly at my knees as tears roll down my cheeks, peoples voices echoing around me and the cold air stinging at my face. I don't know what fucked up shit happens when the grabbers involved but my brother doesn't deserve that, nobody does, especially not vance. It should be me, vance doesn't deserve that shit, i do, why did he have to take vance out of everyone? Vance is my only hope at having a stable family, without him i have nothing, i need him, i need my big brother. I feel myself get lifted up and carried into the back of a car, everything still a blur, i hear robins frantic voice which snaps me out of my haze. I snap my head around to see Camilla sat in the drivers seat, her eyes wide on the road, next to her is Diego who is facing me and trying to talk to me, but i can't understand him, it's just a ringing noise to me.
"Y/n? Y/n we are going to take you back to our house is that okay? I need you to answer me please darling, let us help you!" I stare at him blankly and he looks helplessly at the boy sat next to me. I turn my head to see robin looking at me, his eyes flicking around my face frantically, i stare blankly at him before realising what's happening, making me burst into tears all over again. He pulls me close to him again and i sob quietly into his chest while everyone looks at me, i continue to cry. Slowly my cries become silent as robins shirt becomes damp, he makes sure i stay close to him though. His body heat warms me up just enough so i dont get hypothermia and it's enough to comfort me slightly. Camilla pulls up to the house and robin jumps out of the car, holding his arm out to me. Camilla and Diego run round to him and both hold their hands out to me aswell, it's enough to make another tear roll down my cheek. I stumble out of the car and robins catches me, wrapping his arm around my waist and supporting me up, my arm dangling around his shoulders. He helps me into the house and everyone rushes into the kitchen, someone pulls out a chair for me and i collapse onto it, looking around for anything that could comfort me.
"Robin tell us what happened" Diego turns to him
"I- I don't know vance never turned up and then y/n got really freaked out about it and said she had a bad feeling or something so we went to look to see if he was nearby and when he wasn't in the car parks we went to look at nearby streets and then that's when she spotted the car, then she collapsed and started crying and yelling something i don't know she wasn't really making much sense" He rambles quickly
"Why didn't you get her to come back mijo? We could've helped!" Camilla asks while keeping her eyes on me, i just stare blankly at the kitchen floor, not registering any of the conversation going on around me.
"No mom you don't understand, i tried telling her and she started getting really panicked and said something about she can't abandon him if he needs help, i tried ma she wouldn't leave no matter what and i couldn't leave her alone"
"It's okay don't worry you did the right thing son, go get some blankets she looks freezing." Diego tells him, he nods and runs out of the kitchen, returning a minute after with a fluffy blanket. He wraps it around me and looks down at me sympathetically.
"I love you y/n" He whispers as he gives my hand a reassuring squeeze, i look up at him with a blank expressions and then smile weakly, causing a small smile to appear on his face too, he gives me a small kiss on the forehead as he stands up and carries on speaking to his mom and uncle. Little diego comes running into the kitchen but stops when he sees me.
"Y/n?" He cocks his head to the side when seeing my messy mascara, wet cheeks and red eyes, "are you okay?"
I nod slightly and he walks over, slowly climbing onto my knee and giving me a hug, i hug him back and sniffle, trying to stop the waterworks. "I made you something.." He whispers, making a small smile light up the expression on my face "Ill go get it now!" He says excitedly before rushing off to his room. He returns with a piece of paper and hands it to me, on the paper is a drawing of what i assume to be him holding what i assume to be my hand, the stick figure me is in my dress that im in now and stick figure him is in a suit. It has the words 'the best dance ever' scribbled at the top and stick figure me has a crown.
"I gave you a crown because you look like a princess!" He excitedly claims, making me giggle and sniffle a bit. "You know i think you would make a good princess y/n!"
"Awh thank you diego" I manage to sniffle weakly, my voice comes out in a high pitched and wobbly tone but it's better than nothing. He smiles back before walking out, stopping at the door and turning around on last time,
"I hope your okay y/n" He smiles and walks out for good this time. I sniffle and wipe my eyes, trying to remain calm. Robin walks over and holds his hand out to me, i reluctantly take it and he pulls me up, i weakly clamber towards him where he then wraps his arm around me and supports my weight as we walk upstairs. He takes me into his room and walks me over to his bed, i fall back on it and he crouched beside me, sliding my heels off and moving them.
"You're gonna stay here for a bit i dont want you away from me yet especially not after tonight, i can't imagine what you're going through but just know i'm here for you y/n, okay? I will always be here for you." He reassures me, i weakly nod as another small tear rolls down my cheek, he wipes it away with the brush of his finger and smiles at me supportively. "My ma is on the phone to those detectives working the case right now and they are gonna find you're brother, he's going to be fine y/n he's strong"
I take in what he says before the negative thoughts come rushing to my head, tears sting viciously at my eyes and start to spill, and when i speak my voice comes out all high pitched and wobbly again.
"What if he's not strong enough though?"

A/N
VIOLENTLY CRYING SCREAMING THROWING UP SOBBING
NO BECAUSE I WAS ACTUALLY SOBBING WRITING THIS I CANT
OKAY SO THIS IS WHERE WE GET INTO THE PLOT AND ERM YEAH HOPE YOU GUYS ARE PREPARED THERES MUCH MORE TO COME 💔
(2284 words)