1. Coming home

My tail swiped back and forth behind me as I skipped down the sidewalk. I got some weird looks but it's easy to ignore.

The sounds of explosions drew my attention and I followed the noise to a small shopping center where a sludge villain was taking over the body of a middle schooler.

I sighed and my ears and tail dropped. I can't bring attention to myself or I would've helped him. Instead another middle schooler with bushy green hair ran into the fray. Throwing his backpack at the slime and trying to pry the other boy free.

So brave! I thought while my tail wagged happily. My hearing picked up their conversation from meters away and I smiled.

Then all might came punching the slime away and grabbing the two boys. He punched the slime so hard that he also affected the weather making it rain. I winced as the rain began to wet my cat ears and make me shiver.

Most of the time the rain would not affect me but on this current day I didn't have an umbrella to keep me from the downpour. Thankfully the rain was short and I dried quickly. But being a cat my fur was now plus ultra fluffy and staticky.

After the altercation the boy who was attacked by the villain is praised for his heroism while the boy who fought to free his friend is scolded. I stayed back some and as the green haired boy passed me I put my hand on his. "I think your gonna make the best hero ever." I said winking at him.

I carried on skipping to work at the nearby cat cafe. I clocked in and got to work. Occasionally making conversation with the cats and learning their likes and dislikes.

At one point a man in all black walked in and sat at a booth in my corner. Multiple cats crowded him and I smiled. Anyone good with cats is good with me.

Quickly jotting down his order I also listened to the cats talking about the man. I giggled at the things they said.

The day carried on and soon it was time to clock out.

Walking home I passed by dagobah beach. Like I did every walk home and I arrived at the abandoned building I temporarily call home.

At least a week had passed and I hadn't bought or rented an apartment because I was still unsure how long I would live in this part of Japan.

I huddled closer in the corner of the abandoned building as I listened in on the conversation going down in the alley below. Some kind of villain showdown. If it got too bad I'd step in.

My ears flicked on top of my head at the sound of grunting and then two bodies falling. One splashing into a puddle. I peeked out the window and caught eyes with a man in black with yellow goggles and grey scarf.

He swung up the fire escape and perched on the window. "Go home kid."

"This is home, for now." I said ears back and tail straight ready to fight.

He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I will have a home soon but I am unclear of how long I will stay in the area as I look for a good Highschool." I said cautiously. I do not know this man so for now it's best to speak plainly.

He nodded and left. Only to return again the next night.

After multiple encounters I came to know him as Eraserhead, the underground pro hero and a regular patron at the cat cafe. And he came to know me as the cat kid or problem kitten as I hear him mutter.

At some point I began making him meals to eat on his patrols and we would talk. Every now and then I followed him on his patrols as a cat but I think he knew that.