13. Lunch alarms

Morning classes passed in monotony. English by Present Mic, history by Miss Midnight and math by Vlad. I had done my best to downplay my English abilities to not be given more advanced work. Math was far too easy and I had been bored. But history did seem interesting at first, until the inaccuracies were spoken of. Something so simple as who started what war had me on the edge of my seat wanting to correct our teacher.

In homeroom Aizawa addressed the class. "I saw the video feeds and went over each of your team's results. Bakugo, you're talented but don't sulk like a child about your loss, okay? And Midoryia, I see the only way you won the match was by messing up your arm again. Work harder and don't give me the excuse that you don't have control over your Quirk. That lines getting old. You can't keep breaking your body while training here. But your quirk will be a little useful once you get the hang of it. So show a little urgency, huh?" It was almost funny how Aizawa talks in circles. Or a rollercoaster.

But then he turned his dark eyes to me and I expected praise or maybe a good job, not to be ignored. He glanced away and then back to the class. "Let's get down to business. Our first task will decide your future. You all need to pick a class representative.

Immediately everyone began to throw their hands up and shout. My ears twitched and I tried to pull them down over my head. "So boring." I whined quietly.

Lida stood up next and drew everyone's attention. "Silence, everyone, please! The Class Representative's duty is to lead others. That's not something just anyone can do. You must first have the trust of every student in the classroom. Therefore the most logical way to fill this position is Democratically. We will hold an election to choose our leader."

"We haven't known each other for that long, so how can we have trust or anything?"

"If that's the case, and everyone votes for themselves..."

"Don't you think that is precisely why whoever receives multiple votes here can be truly considered the most suitable person?! What do you think, Sensei?!" Lida asked loudly.

"I don't care, as long as you decide before homeroom is over."

"Thank you very much!" He again said loudly.

Rolling my eyes I shifted to a cat and snuck to the back to sit on Shoto's desk. His warm hand coming up to pet me caused me to fall asleep.

"The class rep is Midoriya and the deputy rep is Yaoyorozu." Aizawa said sleepily before again sinking into his nap.

I blinked up at the pair as I woke up as well. Izuku was shaking like a leaf and Yaomomo was resigned if not disappointed.

My only reprieve was lunch where I could sit with Hitoshi and shoto while we ate. Shoto as usual got cold soba and when it would get too warm he would chill it again.

"I can't train after school today." Shinso said to the left of me.

"That's okay. Is everything all right?" I asked worried.

"Yeah everything's fine. Dad wants us to go out and celebrate me getting into a hero school." Shinso said smiling. I had met his dad before and he's a really smart guy. His dad has the quirk no sleep and I would consider it awesome because if you don't sleep you have so much more time for books.

"Be safe and eat lots!" I cheer him on as i eat more of the delicious lunch by lunch rush. The calm jubilant atmosphere was only interrupted by the loud blaring alarms. I reacted to the loud sirens by grabbing shinso and shoto. We stayed in the lunchroom while everyone was pushing out. The loud noise was making me panic. It sounded like...

Shoto picked me up and began to pace with me in his arms until I calmed down. When I did I picked up on a smell that was new. It was ashy and smells like alcohol. It made me wrinkle my nose. None of the teachers smell like that. And none of the students are old enough to drink. It's not a student and it's not a teacher.

"Guys I think there's someone in the building. I'm going to investigate!" I said to distract from my own panic at the sirens. I jumped down shifting into a snake so I could get through the vent. Then into a cat for better mobility.

I followed the smell to a locked room. A man in a hoodie was taking papers out of a file. Then he disintegrated them. He spoke into a phone before a black portal swallowed him up.

I rushed through the vents until I was over the teachers Lounge were the the teachers were conversing. "Aizawa!!" I shouted falling out the ceiling. "Aizawa I saw someone looking at files in a locked room. He was wearing a hoodie and he smelled like ash and alcohol. He disintegrated the papers he was holding and then he walked through a purple portal." I said without a breath between words.

Aizawa kneeled to my level looking worried. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah yeah. He put his hands on the paper and it went gone." Aizawa and mic and vlad went to check the room while miss midnight was calming me down. When it was time to return back to classes I was cautious.

As I walked the down the hall after to class I'd pick up a soft smell of books and rain and tea? It was the only thing comforting me after the incident at lunch.

🐁

For some reason Aizawa didn't want me driving my bike home and insisted I walk home with him. Along the way he stopped a few petty thieves while telling me to step back or contact police.

Under his breath I heard him mutter that there were more and more crimes in the area. His worried look made me grab the side of his pant leg gently. "What's for dinner?" I asked to draw his attention.

"Always about dinner, I'm not the one cooking so make what you'd like." He said looking away.

"But you're the one I'm cooking for so you should have some say. I don't wanna make something you won't eat. You're a pro hero so you should eat lots of good food and stuff." I said biting my lip. That didn't sound very intelligent.

"Food and stuff?" He asks with that teasing tone.

"Bugger old man. Fine, I'm making spicy food until your tongue falls off." I threaten letting go of his suit to cross the road to the grocery store. Counting to three in my head I hear him stop and then suck his teeth before following me. "So, what do you want for dinner?" I ask again knowing he will give an answer.

"Who did you vote for during the class president election?" Aizawa asks to divert the topic. If he could have it his way he would survive off fruit pouches and naps. Obviously I won't let him do that.

"While Izu has the talent to lead, he still doubts anyone cares about what he says and he's too easily flustered. Lida is too loud to be taken seriously and would only turn it into a dictatorship. Momo would be good but she needs a push. The rest are dunderheads, not a brain cell between them." I paused at the carts. "You are pushing right?" I asked motioning to the imposing grocery cart that I couldn't even reach.

Aizawa grumbled but conceded, when I lifted my arms to be lifted into the cart he turned his head and ignored me. I stood there for a second before kicking my foot and following. He pushed the cart with his forearms resting over the handle and hunched over.

"Ya know if you walk like that people will really think you're a hobo." I chirp throwing something in the cart. He gives no response but does put what I threw back on the shelf like a petty old man. "Oi!" I say to express my aggravation before grabbing the object and placing it back in the cart. "You need nutrition and while you may not like it is good for you." I argued before reaching over and grabbing carrots as well. Under my breath I began to plan our meals for the next week. "I'll make beef ramen tonight and then a few days away I'll make pot roast and potato's with carrots. Yeah?" I asked looking up at Aizawa for confirmation.

"Do whatever you like."

When we got to checkout I pulled out my Miruko wallet and scrounged for change. But Aizawa beat me to the punch and paid before I could get my money out. I went to argue but he put his hand on my head and I left it at that.