10. Battle training?!

In the mornings we had normal classes like English and history and art.

English was taught by present mic. I did feel slightly guilty that I was already fluent in English and Italian. Not that anyone knew I knew Italian.

Present mic called on me a couple times and I'd try to play most of it off.

I ate lunch with Shinso. None of his classmates eat with him. And that confused me.

"We have a hero class after lunch. Don't know what about, but it could be fun. Yesterday everyone went home without me. I had to drive home alone. Did you get home okay at least?" I said trying to make conversation with him. 

Shinso turned his head but didn't say anything.

"Is something wrong? Did I do something wrong and now you don't wanna talk to me?" I said and my ears dropped. "Did I make you mad?"

He still said nothing.

"Are we still friends?"

"It's not fair. You got into the hero course and so did Izu. And I'm here... in general studies. We don't do hero stuff. We don't do training. We just don't. How am I supposed to be a hero if I'm not in the hero course!?" He said slamming his hand on the table before getting up and walking away.

I jumped up running after him. "Shinso! Shinso slow down! Stop!" I grabbed his sleeve pulling him back. "Shinso. I wanna help. There's a way to get transferred in during the sports festival! Until then I was going to train you every weekend. Everything I ever leaned I was going to teach it to you ten time harder. Like—like before...when we were training for the exams. Shinso why won't you look at me?"

Shinso grabbed my wrist and pulled me out the school into the courtyard. I moved to stand in front of him and my heart broke a little. Like the first time we met. Big lilac eyes that were quickly filling with tears.

He sank to his knees and we were almost the same height as I hugged him tightly. "Shinso in the time I've known you have always been like my little brother. I promise. No no. I swear That you will be a hero! I'd give up my spot if you could take it! Honest!" I played with his hair while he cried into my blazer. "I promise. I'll train you every weekend until you could take on the top three. I really really mean it Shinso. You can be a hero!"

🐁

Todays hero class was directed by all might. He zoomed into the room yelling. "I'm coming in the door like a normal person!"

The loudness of his yell was startling and I sneezed and shifted into a ferret. I ran my hands over my ears and down my face. Two times in a row I have been surprised by loud noises.

Not very hero-like, I admonished myself.

"To be a real hero you gotta look the part! Change into these and meet me at battle ground B!" Allmight said while pressing a button on a remote. The lockers on the side of the room snapped open. Inside each locker was a briefcase.

I jumped out of my seat and skittered to locker thirteen before shifting and grabbing my briefcase.

In the excitement everyone raced to the locker rooms and got changed. I was really happy with my outfit. I based it loosely off a Chinese swordsman outfit. I even had a sword. Of course I had to produce a license to prove that I could use it. I had a belt with a pouch full of medical supplies and I wore a ruffled choker necklace with a bell on it. It seems counterproductive to being stealthy but if I tap it twice a magnet will make the bell totally quiet.

I was third out to ground beta. Mostly because I'm needed help from Momo to my hair up into twin braids.

When I ran out to ground beta, shoto was adjusting his cuffs.