2. Green Bunny and Lilac

This morning I got up earlier than I usually did and started making breakfast for me and Aizawa. Not that he would wake up soon. After patrols he won't wake up till 10, so I put his plate in the oven to keep warm.

I fed mochi and then got dressed for work. Before leaving I left a note and eye drops for Aizawa when he wakes up.

Walking to the cafe the brisk morning made my tail cold and I wrapped it under my hoodie to warm it.

Every weekend since I started living with Aizawa when I walk by dagobah beach I see the same green haired boy training with a skinny man with yellow hair. Greeny looks a little stronger every time I see him and it makes me want to work harder to get into UA.

When I got off break for the cafe I made a protein smoothie with a bunny out of whipped cream on top for the boy. A green tea with honey for the skinny man. And bought two brownies and extra sandwiches. I also grabbed my own Selkie lunch box from my locker.

I made my way to dagobah beach and saw the two. Creeping up behind the boy while the man watched cautiously, I jumped up and yelled boo!

"Ahhhhhhh!" He screamed jumping away from me.

He turned around and I smiled shyly while waving the protein shake in his face. "I saw you when the slime villain attacked. You probably don't remember me but every weekend I see you and him training so I thought I'd bring you both lunch. Hopefully make my first friends in the area. My names Nix," I said offering them both their drink shyly.

The green haired boy grabbed his drink just as shyly while the skinny one seemed surprised but still accepted it.

"I remember you. You told me I'd make a great hero!" The green one began to mutter endlessly.

I blinked owlishly and tilted my head before scratching my cheek shyly. "And you will. Those heroes don't know what they were saying trying to scold you. I think you were very brave to jump into the fray and try to save the angry Pomeranian. He was doing more harm then help with his quirk against that slime."

We sat down on the random bits of trash and I gave them both the sandwiches and a brownie each.

"I made you, Greeny, a protein smoothly with a whipped cream bunny on top. You have a super steak and cheese sub. While he has a green tea and honey with an egg salad sandwich. And you both have one of my amazing double dog dare chocolate brownies."

"My names Izuku Midoriya. Im training to get into UA Hero course." Midoriya said and then took a sip of his smoothie. His eyes went wide and he drank more.

"My name is Yagi and I'm training him. These sandwiches are great. Did you make them?"

"I make them at the cat cafe up the street. I pass by this beach everyday to work. I think it's wonderful someone is cleaning it up. I'm also training to get into UA Hero course. My guardian is training me. How would you feel for friendly sparring every once and a while? No quirks promise!" I finished showing him my crossed fingers.

"That would be really cool. Hey, you brought us lunch, where's yours?"

I lifted my tail up that was carrying my lunch box and dramatically showed them both my Selkie lunchbox. "Selkie, only the cutest hero ever! Same with gang orca... although some people find it weird that I like sea animal quirks being as I have a cat quirk. I packed myself tuna fish sandwich and strawberry milk with sliced vegetables. My guardian promised me fancy tuna if I get into the school." I said munching down on my sandwich.

After eating, Midoriya went back to cleaning up trash. I brushed my hands on my skirt nervously. "I still have some minutes left before I have to go back but, maybe would you both like to have lunch again, as friends? And next time I can help too! I know a tinkerer who would pay for the circuits in some of this stuff. And there's another kid I know who needs to eat metal as part of his diet. That way not all of it goes in the dump and you could make some money for your hard work!"

"That's a wonderful idea young Nix. And it would be lovely to have lunch again. The brownies were very good." Yagi said and shook my hand.

"You can call me Izuku and I hope we both get into the same class at UA." He said brightly while trying to lift a tire.

Going back home after work I greeted Aizawa happily and told him about work. "The cats were infighting but during lunch break I made friends with a kid and his trainer. Izuku Midoriya and a man named Yagi. I brought them lunch and asked if we could do it again and they agreed. Izuku is also trying for the hero course so if I do make it in I might have my first friend in class!" I said and my tail swayed happily.

Aizawa nodded and ruffled my head again.

"I have patrol later tonight. Do you wanna cook or take out?"

"I can get takeout from up the street at that Korean bbq place. Ill get your usual and I'll be back in a bit." I said leaving the apartment again and heading down the street.

A week later

I passed one of the alleys I heard whimpering and sniffling. Peering closer I say someone hiding behind one of the dumpsters.

I crept down the alleyway cautiously and quietly. When I was standing in front of the person I realized it was a boy who probably just got out of middle school. His uniform was a little ruffed up and he had purple hair. It looked so soft that I began to pet it.

The boy startled pulling away and I got a look at his eyes. They were purple too and welling up with tears. He had his hands out in defense.

I frowned before getting lower to the ground to seem less threatening. I was muddying my stockings and skirt but they can be washed later.

"Are you okay? Do you need medical attention?"

He shook his head no.

"Did you get lost? Or need any help?"

He shook his head again.

"Would it help if I showed you a magic trick."

He looked scared and I wanted to cheer him up so I used my quirk and soon I was a cat. I raised one paw in the air and waved it. His lips quirked up into a smile.

Shifting back I spoke, "my names Nix!"

"Hitoshi, shinso."

"Why are you in an alley shin-kun?"

"The kids at my school beat me up for applying to UA. They called me a villain." He said rubbing his nose.

"Villian schmilian, quirk or no quirk anyone can be a hero. Depends how you use your quirk. When quirks first came around everyone who had a quirk was considered a villain but some rose above that to become the heroes of today." I said going off on a tangent. "Hey what is your quirk anyway? Mines anima!"

"Brainwashing." Shinso stuttered.

My ears perked and my eyes lit up. "Sugoi that's amazing, imagine all the badies you can take down. You could stop hostage situations or robberies really easily!" Me and shinso talked more and I got a message on my phone from Aizawa asking if I was okay and would be home soon, I squeaked. "Ahh I gotta go it's getting really late and my guardian is worried. Here lets swap numbers and talk again." We parted and I rushed home.

"I made another friend!" I said excitedly while bouncing into the apartment.

Over the next week I would walk to shinsos school and pick him up and walk him home. Mostly to keep the bullies away but also because I liked his company. One after noon when shinso was late coming out of the school I snuck in and found him cornered in the boys bathroom.

I quickly beat up two of the four bullies and knocked one out. The last bully was so scared they tried to run away and ran into the bathroom door, knocking himself out.

After that shinso began to train with me after school on my days off work. On weekends I had lunch with Midoriya and Yagi. At some point I introduced the two and they hit it off as friends too.