5. Month away

"Did you kidnap the number two hero's son?" Aizawa said over his coffee cup.

I jumped up to defend myself "No he came willing! This is my best friend Shoto Todoroki! And I thought he could stay the night in case his father comes home in one of his moods."

"So like a sleepover?" He raised his brow.

"Yes! And we can watch movies and eat junk food and sleep in." I said jumping.

That night me and Shoto watched lots of movies like Road to El Dorado and Hercules.

Hanging out and sleepovers became regular between us. At one point Aizawa had sat us both down to ask if we were dating. We both gagged and Aizawa let out a sigh.

"He's like the Romeo to my Mercutio!" I said proudly.

"Mercutio is killed by Tybalt." Aizawa said.

"Well um yeah but I'm immortal?" I said unsure. "Still he's like my best friend. We could never date. Ever." I emphasized.

"We only have one month left before the exams. Do you really think I'm ready?"

"Yes. But more training could never hurt."

Hours later, Aizawa was sweating through his jumper while I was only a little winded. "How do you have so much stamina?!" He asked.

"Uhhh experimentation?"

A week later the power went out in the whole apartment complex and the power company couldn't come until tomorrow. I had Aizawa show me to the power box and carry a step stool. Putting the step stool up, he held the light and I fixed the power by replacing two fuses.

He was surprised but didn't ask.

Other incidents continued to happen where I was forced to use skills that made me suspicious in Aizawa's eyes. Most questions I answered offhandly.

"I had a job as a __."
"I was taught this in school."
"I learned from a friend."
Or my personal favorite:
"I'm an immortal being that gets bored easily."

He did not laugh.

Sometimes it got really hard to act my age.

Sometimes Aizawa would find me staring off in the distance while holding something sharp. Usually ending in reprimand and he'd try to get me to open up. But the timing is never right.

Whenever we get a break me and Hitoshi and Midoriya hit the arcades and at one point ran into the angry Pomeranian from the sludge incident.

"Oi! Deku! What are you doing ere!" The Pomeranian shouted angrily.

He smells strongly of caramel like he's constantly working with explosives. It reminded me of all the property damage he did with his quirk while being attacked by the slime. But I also think of the burns on Izuku. Like little sparklers are being held to his skin. It made me grit my teeth and give Hitoshi a signal to get behind me.

I may be a cat but I'm going to intimidate this boy as much as I can even being clearly a foot shorter than him.

I squared my shoulders and lightly pulled Izuku behind me. I stood as tall as I could and yelled back at the blonde haired boy. "Leave him the fuck alone you angry dog!"

The boy nearly growled at me and I growled back much louder and stronger.

In the background Izuku was waving his hands wildly and stuttering appologies to this boy, kaachan. I sneered. Like he deserves such a childish cute nickname.

My growling startled the boy and I could see his eyes widen fractionally. A smirk tugged at my lips and I had to remind myself to reel in my blood thirst.