3. Five Months and a new Friend

There are only five months left before the entrance exam.

"But Aizawa! What if I don't make a good hero? What if I don't make it into the school?" I questioned as I dodged his scarf. I dived under a blow and locked my legs around his taking him down. "What if the other kids don't like me?!"

"Okay that's enough of you," he ran his hand tiredly down his face. "You're doing great and everyone will love you because everybody loves cats. Training's over for today go find something to do or hang out with your friends." Aizawa said while heading to his room.

I frowned still unsure and ran along the rooftops. Hitoshi and Midoriya are busy, I introduced the two and they became quick friends, they are currently training together.

I jumped across a large distance between two roofs and sat down boredly. Screaming sounded off in the distance and I ran towards it.

Coming upon the scene I saw the #2 pro hero, Endeavor fighting a villain. The villain was the one screaming.

Looking around no one seemed to care or this was a common occurrence. I've never liked Endeavor because anytime I got near him I could smell blood and charred flesh clinging to him. I was no idiot, I know exactly what goes down in his household and have tried multiple times to stop it.

Out of all his kids only one ever escaped. Touya. Presumed dead after a house fire but very much alive and I still keep tabs on the kid.

Besides the point. I decided to entertain myself. Running into a nearby store I grabbed a microwaveable bag of popcorn and paid. I climbed back up on the roofs and opened the bag. Grabbing a handful of the sticky kernels i began to throw them at Endeavour one at a time.

The kernels would pass through his outmost flame and pop before sizzling, charring and falling to the floor.

Five kernels in and he began to notice the popping sound. The I threw a kernel at his face just for fun. He looked around suspiciously before finding charred pieced of popcorn surrounding his feet.

He looked stumped and I began to laugh maliciously. Looking up he locked eyes with me and I grabbed two hand fulls and threw them at him all at once.

Everything stopped and the only sound in the street was the popcorn popping and catching fire.

Then his flames roared and he yelled "villain!"

I laughed jumping away along the rooftops as he chased me from the street. Setting things on fire as he went.

As the chase went on I saw we were getting closer to the beach and decided to surprise Hitoshi and Midoriya by passing by.

I ran by laughing hysterically while Endeavour lumbered after me. Occasionally turning around to throw more kernels at him.

Out the corner of my eye I saw mr Yagi spurt blood out his mouth. I hope he's alright, he's such a wonderful man I would hate for him to be ill.

I smiled victoriously as both Midoriya and Hitoshi fell down they laughed so hard.

Running around more, this was actually a good workout running from him.

Turning a corner back in the city I ran into a boy with two tone hair. Not paying mind I grabbed his hand and pulled him with me. "Hurry before he catches us!" I said between giggles.

We hid behind a corner and watched him look around and not finding sight of me he gave up. I slid to the ground giggling.

"That was such a workout I've been running for hours straight. Oh that was so much fun! Sorry for dragging you with me but I didn't want him to run you over in his chase." I said turning to face the boy. "My names Nix! Im training for UA to be a hero nya!" I cheered giving a closed eye smile with my head tilted.

With eyes still closed I felt one cold hand and one hot pet my ears. They flicked in his hands and I opened my eyes.

"They're so soft." He whispered mindlessly.

I nodded "I use a special shampoo because of the fur."

"Why were you running from Endeavor?"

"My guardian kicked me out of the apartment and Endeavour was beating up a villain that already surrendered so I was bored and I threw unpopped kernels at him. He didn't notice for a while but when he did I threw a whole bunch at him. He got mad and chased me." I said swaying in tune with my tail. "Oh I didn't notice till now but your one of his kids right, shoto! Do you wanna bully your dad some more?"

He nodded and I smiled.

"Watch this!" I said before shifting into a cat.

Todoroki pounced on me and began to pet me and play with my paw pads. A half hour later after playing we walked out of the alley.

Todoroki walked home with me in his arms and when we got to his house his dad was stomping around and yelling. I jumped down and pulled Todoroki to the kitchen and found microwaveable popcorn. I grabbed the bag pulling it to him and pointing a paw at the microwave. He nodded.

With the popcorn popped he ate it loudly while walking around the house. Giving me some too.

Endeavour came stomping into the room yelling loudly but when he saw the popcorn in Todoroki's hand, he stomped and his flames grew as he stomped out of the room with a red face.

Me and Todoroki shared a fist bump.

Me and Todoroki met up whenever he had the free time from training. He didn't know but I was steadily gathering evidence for another case on Endeavour.

Todoroki doesn't talk much and seems very cold on the outside but he's very kind. He's a little stunted with emotions but he's getting there.

I found out his favorite food is cold soba and cooked it for him. He smiled at me for the first time.

"Shoto."

"Huh?"

"You can call me Shoto."

I cheered happily and tackled him as a cat.

"Have you ever tried shifting into larger cats like tigers?" He questioned while petting behind my ear.

I nodded and concentrated, before long I was a bengal tiger.

My big paws rested on either side of his head and my tail wagged. Shoto made a noise between a squeak and a squeal before jumping up to rub my ears and pet me.

When his brother and sister came into his room they looked at us before walking back out.

I chuffed before laying down on the bed making it creak.

"This is the best day ever!" Shoto whispered under his breath before pulling a box out form under his bed. Inside the box was full of cat toys he had been stocking up on.

Id like to say I was not swayed to chase a fake mouse, but I did. Even tackling Endeavour in the hallway to get to it. When I retrieved the mouse I jumped on Endeavour and used him as a springboard to get further down the hallway back to shotos room.

When his father came in to yell at him I was back to a small cat and no tiger could be seen. I smiled mischievously.

Later that day I was human again so I could eat something and talk.

"Why are you so mean to Endeavour?" Shoto asked.

"I don't like him. As a hero or as a father. I don't even like his smell. He always smells like blood and charred flesh. A few years ago I found out what he was doing to you and your brothers and sister and I tried to make a case but it fell through. I've made multiple cases since trying to get him suspended. But I haven't gotten very far other than keeping an eye on your other brother."

I nibbled on the mochi I brought. "I consider you my friend now so im trying extra hard to help. You'll be safe soon. I think if I get enough evidence there is a hero who can help. He's a good hero. He took me in while I had no home."

Todoroki said nothing but he leaned his head on my shoulder.