4. Build a bike

It was four and a half months away from the UA entrance exams and I was anxious, happy, but mostly scared.

I was currently at the beach watching Midoriya train and Mr Yagi was coaching him to drag a fridge across the sand. When the fridge was moved from the trash pile I saw the skeleton of a bike.

Peering closer it was an old motor bike. I jumped up and pulled it out of the pile. I easily lifted the bike and flipped it upside down and rested it on its handle bars and seat. I spun the wheels to see if they would and both spun well. Running my hands over the motor I made a list of everything I would need to fix it mumbling it under my breath and the costs of it all.

Not that cost mattered, I can afford a new bike if I wanted, but this would give me a project to do until the entrance exam.

Izuku leaned over my shoulder. "What are you gonna do with it?"

"I'm going to rebuild it and drive it. It would be a nice ride to school when we get in. I can probably use some spare scrap metal to make a detachable side car! Then I can give you and Shi-kun rides to school when we all get in! I already have a license for a motor bike and a car."

I smiled while picking the bike up again and setting it on its wheels. "I've worked in a mechanic shop before but that was another time. I'm going to roll it home I'll see you again soon. Bye mr Yagi, bye Izuku!"

"Wait Young Nix we have a truck, there's really no need to roll that bike all the way home when we can drop it off for you." Mr Yagi said before coughing.

"No it's okay mr Yagi I wanna pass by a shop to get some tools and some parts so I can get started on fixing it right away. And I'm really stronger than I look, mr Yagi!" I said while picking up the bike one handed to carry it to the sidewalk as rolling it in the sand would be wasted energy.

When I was a mile from the house I pulled into an auto body shop and bought new parts for the belt and motor. One of the men put a new back tire on it and pumped the other with air.

When I left the shop I had two heavy bags full of parts hanging from the handlebars as I pushed the bike the rest of the way home.

Coming upon the apartment I realized I had encountered a problem. I brought the bike home but where would I even work on it. I sat down leaning against the bike and tried to think of any possible place I could safely work on it.

I sat to think so long that Aizawa came home from grocery shopping and stared me and the bike down.

"What is that?"

"A motor bike."

"And what is it doing here? Where did you even find it and what do you plan to do with it?"

"Well here's the thing I found it at the beach and was planning to fix it up so I could drive myself and a friend or two to school. Ya know maybe build a side car to go with it. But I didn't really think through where I would work on it." I said scratching behind my ear sheepishly. "Do you maybe know somewhere I could work on this in peace?"

"Let me go upstairs to put our groceries away and then I'll show you." Aizawa said sighing as he went.

Four months away.

Progress on the bike has gone well. I showed off the project to Shoto and he demanded to fund the whole thing on his fathers card. So we've bought more parts than I needed. The side car also had been going great and it's very close to done.

Three months away.

The bike is so close. I just need one last part and then I'd be done. The part was on the other side of the city and so I walked.