Chapter 12

After I talked to my parents for about an hour, I left the living room. I walked up to my room and grabbed my laptop. I walked onto my balcony area, outside of my room and sat on the chair next to the table. I turned it on. I got a text and looked at it, it was a text from Jace. Immediately, I felt a huge amount of guilt on myself, for kissing Cameron...

Jace- I'm sorry Violet... I love you, and you know that, but we can't date any more. I'm breaking up with you... sorry.

Weirdly, I didn't feel my heart shatter. I felt a bit sad, but it wasn't shattered. The guilt started to float away... Then immediately I got another text, and I clicked on it.

Daphne- We should talk... do you wanna Skype.....?

Violet- Sure, call me.

She called me and I answered it. "Hey." I said.

"Hi." she said.

"Jace broke up with me." I said, tearing up a bit.

"I know, he told me." she said, "He couldn't even wait for you to heal first."

"Wait... you know that he was gonna break up with me?" She nodded. "Wait..." I said, "Do you know why.....?" she didn't reply. "Daphne....."

"I'm sorry...." she said.

"About what?" I said, confused. "Did you have to do something with this??"

"I'm sorry." she said.

"About what?" I said.

"Jace and I were dating... ever since you left."

"So are you saying he cheated on me??" I said. She nodded. "With you? AND YOU LET HIM!?!?!?!!?"

"I'm s-" I cut her off by ending the call. I looked up and saw Cameron staring at me from his window. I watched as he took his phone out and I got a text as he looked back up.

Cameron- Do you need a friend?

I looked back up at him and nodded. He put a finget up, signaling me to wait for a minute. Cameron's being nice all of a sudden... it's like... it's like that car crash knocked the bad boy right out of him.