Chapter 26

"Where were you this evening around 8pm." The policeman said, different than the one that brought me here. This policeman was skinnier, kinda like a twig..... he had brown hair and brown eyes.

"I was taking a shower." I said.

"Were you home alone?" he questioned me.

"yea, I live alone, but when I came out my... friend, Nash came over for a bit but I kinda kicked him out..."

"Why?"

"I was tired, and I have a headache."

"Alright." he said and wrote more things down at the paper. "How do you know Cameron Dallas?"

"I moved here about a year ago with my parents, and he was my neighbor, after about,..... a few months a moved into my own place, and he's my really good friend." I said.

"Not boyfriend?"

"I'm not sure, I mean, it's not like we talk about it."

"But he told the paramedics that helped him, at the accident, to tell a girl named Violet that he loves her." he said. Why is everyone bringing that up??? "Your name is Violet right?"

"Yea, but we never went on a date, a few kisses here and there, and some hand hold-"

"So you guys are dating?" he said cutting me off.

"officer Daniel," the police that brought me over said, walking over, "Don't pressure the poor girl, she's already freaked out about the accident, you can ask any other questions later okay?"

"Alright." Officer Daniel said, "Have a good night Violet." he said then left. I stood up and thanked the officer.

"Please, call me Nate." he said.

"Thank you Nate," I said, "I should get going, I need to check up on Cameron."

"He's in surgery right now, the hospital notifies us every time someone who..."

"Don't worry no explanation needed, I bet they're getting the bullet fragments out."

"Smart girl."

"Thank you, I wanted to be a doctor but things didn't work out."

"You can always be a nurse, it's simpler but you can still help people."

"I might be that, but I kind of want to..... see Cameron right now..."

"yes yes, you should go, have a nice night."

"Thank you." I said, then walked out. I got in my car and drove to the hospital. Once I arrived I walked to Cameron's room and saw him laying there, unconscious, I walked over and held his hand. I sat down in the chair I sat in before and held his hand tightly. "I love you." I said.

I heard a pair of footsteps and I looked up. I saw the doctor. "You're back." he said.

"yea," I said "is Cameron going to be alright?"

"The bullet penetrated into his torso, the bullet itself didn't go straight through, a couple fragments are still in there."

"But the police told me you guys just took him out of a surgery."

"Well it was more of scans,  not really a surgery."

"Is he going to be okay though?"

"He's in a coma" he said, "We'll do our best."

"Are the fragments close to his spine?" I asked, knowing if they were, it would be severely dangerous, it might even cause him to have palasis in his torso.

"yes," he said, "Do you know what that means?"

"Yea." I said, "I know."

"We'll do our best, don't worry." he said and I sighed.

"Thank you." I said.

"NO problem." he said then left. I stared at Cameron. I scooted  closer to him and I fixed his hair. "I love you." I whispered to him. "I really do.... please fight for me, please.... I love you...." I said and kissed his forehead.