Chapter 18

Cameron and I arrived at the ice cream parlor. We ordered a Banana split to share, Cameron's idea of corse, and Cameron paid for it, which was also his idea but I didn't want to pay anyways so...

We sat down at a booth, not across from each other but next to each other, and started eating. Jace and Daphne walked up to us and Daphne said, "oh my god hi! We didn't know you two would be here!"

"Well that's us," Cameron said as he wrapped in of his arms around me.

"Hey Violet, are we.... Okay?" Daphne asked as Jace just kept staring at me.

"Well sure. I guess." I replied.

"Alright." She said. "We better head off now. We have a busy day today."

"Wait babe." Jace said, which caused my heart to shatter. He wrapped his arms around her waist and said, "Violet, as you two really dating?"

Cam then immediately replied and said, "yea. We are."

"Aweee have you guys kissed yet?" Daphne said.

"Uhhh no. I wanna keep it slow." I said.

"Oh Violet no need to be innocent." Cameron said. "Yea we have kissed. Damn she's a good kisser. Don't you agree Jace?"

Jace started to put his hands into a fist like shape and I noticed immediately that he was jealous. Jace nodded. "If you love kissing her so much why don't you kiss her now?" He said.

"Well that would be disrespectful for the lady." Cameron said.

"Alright alright." Jace said.

"Sorry we have to go, our flight leaves tonight and we have to go do some last minute tourist stops before we go." Daphne said.

"Make sure you text me and we can drive you there." I said.

"Okay." Daphne said. "Bye."

"Bye." I said as she walked out of the shop. Cameron let go of me then threw the plastic bowl, which used to contain the banana split, away. Cameron helped me up and we walked home. He walked into his house as I did the same for mine. I sat on the couch and wondered. Since their leaving.... Will he still be the nice funny Cameron?? Or the bad boy one....?

These thoughts bothered me so much. I couldn't stand it anymore. I like Cameron... More than a friend. But I need to find out if he likes me back. I walked over to his house and, surprisingly, found the door wide open. I walked in and head some boys in the living room. I peeked my head in to see Cameron talking to a boy with beautiful blue eyes... that was Nash.

"Do you like her though? Like when her so called friends leave.... Will you go back to being the bad boy to her?" I heard Nash ask Cameron.

"Most likely." Cameron said. Which made my heart shatter. I felt like falling to the ground and crying my he- "but I think I kinda like her now." I then heard Cameron say, cutting my train of though in half.

"Ask her out then." Nash said.

"I can't." Cameron said.

"Why not?" Nash asked. "Is the Cameron Dallas scared of a little girl?"

"No." Cameron remarked. "It's just.... So obvious she doesn't want to date me." I wanted to run in and kiss him but I couldn't. It's rude to eavesdrop. I walked out of the house, closing the door gently, and I walked up to my room. I sat on the hammock on the balcony as I stared off into space. I then noticed Cameron standing at the window by his room, waving, probably trying to get my attention. I looked up at him and waved. He pointed to his phone signaling me to check my texts. I grabbed my phone. Then I had a convo with Cameron that I thought I'd never have to go through.