Tory with a Y

Violet Santiago was not in the mood to go to practice

Violet Santiago was not in the mood to go to practice. She loved Karate but honestly missed spending time with Robby. Things had been weird between the two ever since she joined and he had been avoiding her for the past week. She tried calling him for the fifth times as she stood outside the dojo but still no answer. Violet skateboarded to practice and right before she went inside saw Dre was calling her.

"Hey bro what's up?"

"Nothing just checking in."

"Our check in was yesterday"

"Okay fine I got some bad news"

"What?"

"I can't come down for break"

"What? Why?" Violet asked. She looked forward to his breaks from school because it was really the only time she could see her brother.

"It's just gotten really busy and they need my help for a project"

"Alright I guess next year then"

"I promise I'll make it up to you"

"Okay, I'll call you later"

"Bye V"

"Bye Dre" she said and hung up, Violet walked into the Dojo and found Kreese telling a story.

"They were outgunned, we were outmanned. I tell you, Rwanda was no joke." Kreese said but Miguel didn't buy it

"Don't you mean Somalia? Mogadishu is in Somalia, Rwanda's a whole different country." Miguel said and Kreese nodded

"Of course, Somalia. I've spent so much time in the sandbox, it all kind of bleeds together, you know?" He covered and Violet just rolled her eyes.

"Listen up! I see we've got some new recruits. Everybody, fall in. In neat rows and lines. Time to see what you're made of." Johnny said and everyone stood up straight. The new student stood with fear while Miguel and Violet just looked at each other holding back laughter.

"Straighten up, ginger twins. Sorry, parents can't stay for class. It's an insurance thing."

"I'm not a dad. I...I am here to kick some ass, sir"

"Do I know you from somewhere?" Johnny asked

"Oh, yeah, they, uh... I sold you the mirror. We kind of bonded, talked about rock bands."