𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘺𝘸𝘰𝘨

" 𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗘 𝗛𝗢𝗠𝗘, (𝗬/𝗡)

" 𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗘 𝗛𝗢𝗠𝗘, (𝗬/𝗡). "

──────────────

Here it is, day 366, still trying to find evidence if your dad just left or he's dead. It's the only way to find out.

So, you didn't go to school today, You lied and told Johan you were sick, he had to work today so luckily you could leave today without having to be caught.

The note on the table will tell them everything, hopefully they wouldn't be upset.

Before stepping outside, you checked your watch, it was 8:30. School had already started, meaning if you left now there would be no turning back.

Closing the door behind you, you didn't even look back. You just kept walking ahead and into a street.

You walked to Hawkins library and when you went inside it was warm. Walking up front you noticed no one was there.

"Hello?" You called out, there was no response, good. You could easily sneak in the back without anyone having to notice.

**

"Okay well...there's a note here. Explaining everything. They just need some time 'Alone'?" Johan read out, Your mom just sighed and sat at the table.

She looked guilty. Like she was lying about something.

"Mom. why're you looking like that?" Johan asked, she just shrugged and didn't give him an answer.

"No reason." She finally said.

**

"I'm sorry, honey. I wish she would've told you sooner. You're brother? Johan? He doesn't know either. But the truth will come out soon. As soon as you say something." Your aunt said, still processing everything, you nodded.

"Y-Yeah." You replied, eyes focused on the table in front of you.

He was..alive? The whole time you thought he was dead. But he was alive?

"I should go now." You said, not before giving your aunt a hug and thanking her.

**

Johan had took a nap but shortly woke up after, he saw that it was already night and became worried that you wouldn't come home.

He jumped when the front door burst open, he saw you slam the door and throw your bag to the ground.

"Oh, Jesus, I was worried you'd never come home. Where were you?" Your mom asked, you pushed her off you and glared at her with tears in your eyes.

"LIAR! YOU'VE BEEN LYING THIS WHOLE TIME." You yelled to her, Johan stood up.

"Lying? About what (Y/n)?" Johan asked, turning to you with confusion.

"I bet you didn't know dad was alive, huh?" When you said that, Johan eyes widen.

"What..? Mom, is that the truth?" Johan asked, all she did was sigh and nod, meaning it was the truth.

Johan began to tear up, "So this whole time...you've been lying? And we've been lied to our whole lives? If dad was alive, why couldn't we go see him? Why can't we see him now?" Johan questioned, she didn't answer.

You brushed past her and into the room, Johan sighed, "(Y/n), wait." He said and ran after you.

..