𝘷𝘦𝘤𝘯𝘢'𝘴 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘦

VECNA'S CURSE──────

VECNA'S CURSE
──────

"But see, here's the thing, he was alive the whole time. But we didn't know. So our friend, El, she helped us find him. And she has superpowers— which you already know. same goes for me but I lost them." I explained, Jasper just took it all in, he didn't think I was crazy?

He nodded while his arms were crossed, "Woah...so basically you're whole life as a kid you've been on an adventure? A bizarre one at that. You've been through a lot. Well, I'm here now if you need me. And I promise I won't leave." Jasper said, I didn't want anyone else getting hurt, we've lost too many already.

"You aren't afraid?" He just shook his head, I was surprised, most would think I'm crazy for what I'm saying.

"After what you showed me? Nah, I don't think you're crazy. Lately some weird shit has been happening in Hawkins and I knew it was because of something." Jasper said, I chuckled, he had a point.

──

I made my way to Steve and Robin's job, since Dustin had called us on his supercomm.

Jasper followed right behind me and we made our way inside, "Hey, you called me?" I said, turning to Dustin, he gestured for me to come over which I did, Jasper following behind me.

"Okay, so I found some so far. Let me know if it's wrong." I said and handed Dustin the paper, max looked over at Jasper who gave him a friendly wave, max hadn't wave back and just gave him a nod.

"Hey, guys, I might have a lead." Max said, "Seriously?" Dustin asked, "Yeah." Max answered.

"Apparently, Eddie gets drugs from some guy named Reefer Rick. And sometimes Eddie crashes there." Max said, Jasper turned to max.

"Sounds promising. Where does this Reefer Rick live?" Jasper asked, "See, that's the thing. No one knows. He's more of a...a legend than someone that people actually know." Max explained.

"Well, what about a last name?" I asked, "I don't know that either." Max answered.

"Bet the cops know the last name." Steve said, "What?" Jasper spoke.

"I mean, listen, if this Reefer Rick is actually a drսg dealer, I guarantee you he's been busted at some point. Means he's in the system." Steve said, I rolled my eyes.

"The cops? really, steve? That's your suggestion?" I said, "I think they should be filled in on what we know, what's going on." Steve continued.

"You think Eddie's guilty, don't you?" Dustin said, "Whoa. I believe in innocent until proven guilty all that constitutional shit. I just, you know, don't think we can rule it out." Steve said.

"That's precisely what we're trying to do here, Steve." Max added, "And maybe we'd have a little bit more luck if you spent less time trying to find a girlfriend and more time trying to find Eddie." Dustin said.

"Well somebody has to attend to the costumers." Steve replied, "Especially if they're babes, right?" Robin said.

"Hey, not fair. okay?" Steve said, "I attend to all customers equally, babes and non-babes alike. We've got a very big selection in here. It can be super overwhelming for people."

"Yeah, it can be." I heard Robin say, she walked over to the computer and I followed her.

──

Jasper was ringing the doorbell to Reefer ricks house, but nobody had came to the door.

"Okay. Well, that's settled. I guess he's not here." Steve said, "Eddie! Yo, it's Jasper." Jasper said.

"Great." Steve said, I held my flashlight in my hand, max looked over at me before looking away.

"Look, we just wanna talk, okay? No cops, I swear. We just wanna help." Jasper continued, "Eddie!"

"Rick! Reefer Rick!" Dustin yelled, Jasper hit his shoulder softly, "Don't scream that." He said.

"Rick!"

"Stop, he's not there."

I walked over to look at the shed while holding the flashlight in my hand, "Hey, guys?" I called out, everyone turned to me and walked over.

──

I walked inside the shed, the others following me. I kept my flashlight close just in case.

"Hey, look over here." I said to Jasper, he walked over and looked down at the table.

"Someone was here." I told him, "Maybe he heard us. Got spooked and ran." Jasper suggested.

"Don't worry. Steve will get him with his oar." Dustin said, me and Jasper chuckled.

While distracted I didn't notice someone come from out of the tarp and grab Steve, dragging him backwards.

Everyone started screaming, my eyes widen when I saw Eddie holding a broken bottle towards Steve neck.

"Eddie! Eddie! Stop!" Dustin yelled, "Eddie! Eddie! It's me. It's Dustin. This is Steve. He's not gonna hurt you, right, Steve?"

"Right. Yeah."

"Steve, why don't you drop the oar?"

──

"Her body just, like, lifted up into the air and, uh...and she just, like, hung there. In the air. And her bones...uh, she...her bones started to snap. Her eyes, man. It...it was like there was something, like, inside her head, pulling. I...I didn't know what to do, so I...I ran away. I left her there. You all think I'm crazy, right?" Eddie said, i shook my head.

"No. We don't think you're crazy." I said, "Don't bullshit me, man! I know how this sounds." Eddie said.

"We're not Bullshitting you." Max added, "We believe you." Robin said.

"Look, what I'm about to tell you might be a little...difficult to take." Dustin said, Jasper crossed his arms and leaned onto a wall, I had already explained everything to him, he wasn't even bothered by it, he just wanted to help.

And so, we explained everything to Eddie.

...