𝘥𝘪𝘨 𝘥𝘶𝘨

" 𝗝𝗨𝗦𝗧 𝗧𝗢 𝗖𝗟𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗙𝗬, 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗛𝗔𝗩𝗘 𝗕𝗘𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗜𝗙𝗨𝗟 𝗦𝗠𝗜𝗟𝗘

" 𝗝𝗨𝗦𝗧 𝗧𝗢 𝗖𝗟𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗙𝗬, 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗛𝗔𝗩𝗘 𝗕𝗘𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗜𝗙𝗨𝗟 𝗦𝗠𝗜𝗟𝗘. "

──────────────

Today you didn't have to go to school, which was good but Johan didn't want you to be alone at home so he let you go to the arcade.

Someone grabbed you by the arm and pulled you into a room, you grunted and went to glare at the person but saw it was Lucas.

"What? What's wrong?" You asked, he then pointed behind you and you saw max.

He gave you that look. Seems like you had to tell him about what happened last year.

"Do you accept the risk?" You asked, max furrowed his eyebrows with confusion, so you were talking to him now?

"Oh, my god! This...this is so stupid." Max exclaimed, Lucas then asked him the same question.

"Yeah. Sure. Fine. Let's hear it." Max answered, he placed his skateboard to the side and sat in a chair from across you and Lucas.

You crossed your arms and turned to Lucas, you weren't going to be explaining anything.

"Last year..." Lucas trailed off, he turned to you before sighing, "Will and (Y/n) didn't get lost in the woods. They got lost somewhere else." He continued.

**

Once Lucas was done explaining everything, max was still trying to process every word he said, "that was a great story. I liked it." Max said.

"Liked it?" Lucas replied, Max nodded with a shrug, "Well, I mean, I had a few issues." You then glared at him.

"Issues?" Lucas repeated, max went to explain something and all you did was glare at him the whole time.

"Wait, why would he make this up?" You suddenly said, making the room go quiet, max chuckled to himself but then noticed your glare.

"Oh, so this is funny to you?" You said, he shook his head, "N-No. I didn't even mean it like that." Max defended.

With a sigh max stood up and walked towards the door, "I should go." Max said, "Yeah you should." You replied.

"Jesus, will it ever work out between you two?" Lucas asked, you shrugged, "I don't even know him." You said in reply before walking out the room.

Lucas ran outside and after max, "Listen, sorry..about that." He said to max.

"Don't. Cause the advice you gave me two days ago? It's not working. And to be honest, I should stop trying at this point." Max said, Lucas sighed.

Max was about to walk away but Lucas grabbed his arm, "Stop. Just- Just try again, maybe?" He suggested.

"No. It's ridiculous. And I'm up to here with it. And that story? That fairytale story you made up? That was just outrageous. I just wanted to talk to (Y/n) today. Don't get me wrong, Lucas you're my friend. But this? this was crazy." Max said before yanking his arm away from Lucas and walking towards one of the machines.

"Just, listen," Lucas said, max turned to him, "Listen? Really? After you told me a girl named Eleven had super—" Before max could finish Lucas put a hand over his mouth.

"Stop talking. You're going to get us killed. Do you understand?" Lucas asked, max moved Lucas arm away from his mouth.

"You're serious?" Max questioned, Lucas nodded, "I really wish I wasn't." He said.

Max shook his head in disbelief, "Prove it." He said.

"I can't." Lucas said in reply, "So what? I'm supposed to just trust you?" Max asked.

"Yes." Lucas answered, Max head perked up when he heard a beep from outside, he grabbed his skateboard and ran to the entrance.

Lucas appeared next to him, "Shit. I gotta go. um..." max gave Lucas a serious look.

"Don't follow me out. okay?" Max said, "Do you believe me?" Lucas asked but go no response back.

Max got inside Billy's car, "The hell I tell you?" He heard billy say.

"I'm not late." Max replied, billy scoffed and looked over at his step-brother, "You know what I'm talking about." Billy said.

"Oh, Lucas?" Max said, "So he has a name now, huh?" Billy questioned.

Max stammered before answering, "it's a small town, okay? We weren't hanging out." He explained.

"Hmm. Well, you know what happens when you lie." Billy said, max sighed, "I'm not lying." Max defended.

Billy turned to him, and then started the car and they drove off.

..