𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘱𝘺

" 𝗜𝗧'𝗦 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗧𝗥𝗨𝗧𝗛

" 𝗜𝗧'𝗦 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗧𝗥𝗨𝗧𝗛. "

──────────────

You ran into the living room, looking for your supercomm, Johan was in the kitchen working on something.

"Sweets, what are you looking for?" Johan asked, he saw that you were searching under the couch.

"My supercomm, have you seen it?" You answered, Johan pointed behind you, "You check the closet?" He questioned, you stood up and opened it and that's when you found it there.

"Thanks." You said, he nodded and then crossed his arms while leaning on the wall, "Hm, who's that boy I always see you around?" Johan asked.

"Who? What boy?" You said with confusion, "The redhead." Johan said, then it clicked. He was talking about max.

"Oh? Max? Well, uh, he's a..a friend." You said with a sigh, fixing the supercomm, "Yeah..I'll not question you any further about that. But what I will say is he better treat you right. You both treat each other right." Johan said making your face scrunch up in disgust.

"E-Ew, I'm not even thinking about boys right now, Johan. I'm focused on getting better." You told him, Johan chuckled.

"Yeah, right, the fact you said that the other day when you came home blushing about something. Wonder what that was about?" He reminded, "Christ, stop Johan." You said with a smile.

Johan sat in front of you and smiled, "I'm glad your home sweets." He said, "me too." You replied.

Then the room erupted with laughter, "Why'd you make that face?" You asked, "What? What face? (Y/n), what face did I make?" Johan said as he tried to contain his own laughter.

**

You had arrived at the abandoned truck place with a backpack, you saw max and Lucas, they must've been already here.

"Hi." You said, walking over to max, "Oh..Hi." He said, giving you a little wave.

He was confused, you were finally talking to him after days of being rude, maybe you just had to get use to him.

It was dark by the time everyone had finished work to capture dart, you sat in a seat alone on a abandoned bus.

Max stood up and walked over to sit across from you, "Hi." He said again, "Hi." You replied in the same tone.

"So you really fought one of these before?" Max asked Steve, Steve nodded.

"And you're, like, totally 100% sure it wasn't a bear-" you cut max off with a look, "Max." You said.

"Sorry, sorry. I'm still trying to process a few things." Max replied.

You then went up the ladder and up onto the roof top of the bus, Max turned to Lucas and he nodded his head, telling for him to go.

So, he did, he got up from his seat and went to the ladder.

"Looks like the ocean." You heard max say, "Hm?" You hummed in response, "the fog, I mean." Max said.

"Do you miss it? The ocean? The lake? California?" You asked, max sighed, "Sometimes." He answered.

"What about you? do you miss LA?" Max asked, "I'm guessing mike told you about that?" You said, max nodded.

"I don't. The reason why is because I've made so many friends here. Like if I hadn't met Lucas, Mike, Dustin, Will? I'd be lost without 'em." You said, messing with the flashlight from time to time.

"My dad still here, so...that's why I'm here." Max said, eyes glancing over at you, "Mhm." You hummed.

"Billy? My step-brother? He's always been a dick, but now he's just angry...all the time and..." Max trailed off, "Well he can't take it out on my mom, so..." he added on.

"So he takes it out on you?" You questioned, Max shrugged, "I..I don't even know why I'm telling you this. I don't wanna give you more problems than you already have." He said.

"My brother, Johan. He knows about you. He thinks you're pretty chill." You said, max eyes widen.

"Wh..what? He knows about me? Well, I don't care what people think about me but if I'm going to ask— well, nevermind that, if we're friends I want him to at least approve of me." Max said, you just smiled.

"He does." You told him, max then sighed once again, "it's just..my step-brother..I know I can be a jerk like him sometimes. and I do not want to be like him. Ever. I guess I'm angry, too, and...I'm sorry." He said, he began to tear up.

"Jesus, what's wrong with me?" Max said and wiped his tears away, you sat up.

"Hey, you're nothing like your brother, okay?" You reassured, lord why were you saying this? This would be your first time ever having a conversation with someone like this.

"You're cool and different. And you're super..er..smart. And you're, like, totally tubular." You said, max chuckled.

"Nobody actually says that, you know." Max said, "Well, I do now. Since..I'm not so off distant anymore. I feel..comfortable around you. I just had to get used to you." You said.

Max blushed a little and began to smile, "You're adorable." Max blurted out, he then realized what he said.

"Oh, god, I'm- I'm sorry." Max said, "No, no, I liked the compliment."

"I like talking with you, madmax." You said, max blushed, "I like talking to you too, (Y/n)." Max said.

Then you heard a screech in the distance, you sat up and so did max, Lucas climbed up with his binoculars in hand.

"He's not taking the bait.." you trailed off, then you saw Steve get off of the bus, a spiked bat in his hand.

It was a trap.

"Steve! LEAVE NOW! GET BACK INSIDE!" You yelled, it was weird how you could sense it being a trap but you just ignored it.

Max grabbed you by the arm and dragged you back into the abandoned bus, he wrapped a protective arm around you just in case.

..