PROLOGUE - PART 1

Harry Potter had been through a lot in life. Every year since he was 1 year old, strange things had been happening to him. His parents were murdered by a homicidal maniac who attempted to kill Harry as well, and yet, somehow he survived. Up until his 11th birthday, the strange occurrences continued unanswered. Whenever Harry was really angry, sad, or scared, something unusual happened. This is because Harry Potter is a wizard and a damn good one at that. And now that he had finally defeated his worst enemy, life had sure gotten a lot easier. He'd had time to get his dream job, house and girl. Everything was perfect, nothing could go wrong.

~✦~

Harry woke up to the noise of Wedhig screeching in his ear, a letter attached to her leg. Keeping his eyes closed, he reached out blindly and grasped the letter of her leg. He heard the string holding the letter rip from her leg and she made a little squawk in protest. Fumbling for his glasses, he reached over to his side table and grabbed them out of the case. The world came into focus as he put them on, and he looked down to see what had caused Wedhig to wake him up. As he read the name, a smile formed on his lips, and his heart began to beat faster. Ginny.

Harry rapidly opened the letter, praying for good news as he hadn't seen his girlfriend for 7 months due to her travelling. His eyes opened wide in excitement as he read the letter,

Dear Harry,

It has been so long since we have last spoken in person and I hope this letter finds you well. I'm sure you'll be happy to hear that I am on my way home from visiting Charlie in Romania and will be flooing in to see you in a week's time.

Ron and Hermione may be joining us as well, but once they leave we will have a little time to ourselves to catch up on what has happened over the last few months.

Miss you loads,

Ginny

He was grinning from ear to ear.

~✦~

A week later, Harry stood at the fireplace, waiting and waiting for his girlfriend to appear before him. After looking at his watch for the fifth time in the last 3 minutes, he was becoming restless, smoothing back his hair and messing with his glasses. Sitting down and standing back up again. He looked out the window, searching for an owl or any sign Ginny had sent him, saying she wasn't coming, but a small crackle from the fire made him whip his head back and there she was. Her flaming red hair framed her face, making every freckle pop.

Her soft brown eyes stared into his, conveying all types of emotions. In sync they rushed forward, engulfing each other in a hug; Harry kissed her on the forehead.

'I missed you.' He whispered into her hair.

'I missed you too.' She responded, her breath tickling his neck.

~✦~

After around an hour of sitting on the couch talking about anything that came to mind, another crackle from the fireplace made Harry and Ginny turn to see who else had come to visit Harry's small home. It was Ron and Hermione, who carried a small child in their arms.

"Ginny! It's been so long" Ron called, flooding forward to hug his only sister.

"Hermione, I've missed you!" Ginny said, a smile forming on her face as she dodged her brother to hug her best friend.

'Wow. You would've thought after 7 months, her brother deserved a hug, but no.' Ron complained to Harry. Harry chuckled as Ron muttered his signature 'bloody hell' under his breath.

"It's nice to see you mate," Harry said, turning to face Ron and clapping him on the back. Then he saw who Hermione was holding.

"Rose! It's so good to see you!" He exclaimed, letting her grab ahold of his thumb.

"Ha-Har," She giggled back at him, trying to put his thumb in her mouth.

"Hermione, it's great to see you!" Harry said as he pulled her into a hug being careful not to squash Rose.

"It's great to see you too."

"Well now that we are all here, let's eat dinner!" Called Ron as everyone laughed. His love for food never changed.

As everyone sat down for dinner and started piling food onto their plates, Hermione also made a small one for Rose. It wasn't long until they were conversing about Ginny's Holiday and everything they had been up to lately. It was peaceful and content. Everything Harry had wanted during his time at Hogwarts.

Just as Ron had finished his final serving of dinner, an owl rapped its claws on the window gaining everyone's attention. Harry got up to open the window, letting the owl rest and handing it a few knuts in his pocket. When he saw who it was from his mood suddenly dropped. Turning to face Ron he said,

"It's from the Auror Office, they need us now." Ron's mood also visibly lessened, as did Hermione's and Ginny's. It had been so long since they had all been together like this, and none of them wanted to ruin it. However, they all knew Ron and Harry couldn't ignore a sudden call into the office. It must be important.

"Well nothing you can do about it," came Hermione's soothing voice. "I'm sure none of us wanted this nice evening to end so soon but you boys must get going to see what is up. It has to be important. I'll stay with Ginny and we will be waiting for you when you return."

Ron and Harry grabbed their coats, made their way to the floo, kissed their significant others goodbye, and stepped into the fire.